Thread: LPs playing in my Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

LPs playing in my Mirage

I have finally gotten one of those USB LP stereos, so I can record all my vinyl collection onto my laptop. That means I can listen to my LPs in my Mirage now, as well as my car rental coming up in Manitoba.

Kinda finicky to do but I have side A of a Paul McCartney album recorded onto my usb stick, as well as half of Green River CCR.

The sound quality is about 90% as good as vinyl, but now I have expanded my car's music collection.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here's Chryslers solution to Audio with Vinyl LP records in cars https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/...-for-your-car/ Think "Distracted Drivers" in the 1960's ... Way Too Cool !!!
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-26-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That is cool, early version of a CD changer in your car.

I have now burned a CD of my LP, and the sound quality is not as loud, but the songs play the same, like they sound the same. 7/10 quality.

Just not the real "boom sound" of a true remastered album. You can hear a faint crackling between tracks on the digital copies.

I bet there is money to be made pressing vinyl for those who know how.

Also, wouldn't be that hard to hook up my record player to my Mirage's stereo with the aux and batteries for the record player. More for when you're camping and no need for anti skip.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That is cool, early version of a CD changer in your car.

I have now burned a CD of my LP, and the sound quality is not as loud, but the songs play the same, like they sound the same. 7/10 quality.

Just not the real "boom sound" of a true remastered album. You can hear a faint crackling between tracks on the digital copies.

I bet there is money to be made pressing vinyl for those who know how.

Also, wouldn't be that hard to hook up my record player to my Mirage's stereo with the aux and batteries for the record player. More for when you're camping and no need for anti skip.
    So you can just plug in a data stick to the car's usb and it will play through the car's sound system? The data wires must be missing in our 2021 Mirage because we tried that and it did not work with an MP3 player. It would not work on bluetooth either because the car only links with apple or android OS and the cheap Amazon MP3 players use neither.
    Karl

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I use a basic USB stick from Business Depot/Staples, but my iPod classic (white one) plugs in and runs fine with my Mirage's stereo too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    So you can just plug in a data stick to the car's usb and it will play through the car's sound system? The data wires must be missing in our 2021 Mirage because we tried that and it did not work with an MP3 player. It would not work on bluetooth either because the car only links with apple or android OS and the cheap Amazon MP3 players use neither.
    I've downloaded a number of CDs on to a 32 GB flash drive. I just keep the flash drive plugged into my USB cable in the glovebox of 2017 Mirage & play whatever CD I want whenever I want. I just push the media button on my simple factory radio, & it plays without issue. Works slick!

Even though my Mirage has a CD player, having them downloaded on to a single flash drive is so much easier to use.