Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US: Review: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - Embodiment of Frugality - TFL Car

Country
    United States
    Thanks

US: Review: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - Embodiment of Frugality - TFL Car

A very interesting review from TFL Car. I say that because if you watch there youtube channel there very hard on Mitsubishi. Iv actually been banned from commenting on there youtube channel haha. Regardless they had a pretty positive review of the mirage.....http://www.tflcar.com/2014/02/review...ubishi-mirage/

Pros:
    Price
    ride
    turning circle
    MPG
    standard features

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quoting: "Powering the Mirage is a moderately quiet 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine that produces 74 horsepower. Only three cylinders? Yes, but the Mirage only weighs approximately 1,865 pounds. It thus provides spirited city driving—although moderate 65-75 m.p.h. passing on highways."

First reviewer i heard saying moderately quiet engine as I also think IT IS quiet!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Ha - I laughed when I read that too about the quiet engine. It's funny to read reviewers contradicting one another, which just shows how subjective it all is.

very hard on Mitsubishi....
    I wonder if the regular hosts are going to get their hands on a Mirage for a video -- the one guy really likes small cars and has said he can't wait to try it. He said in an earlier post they were having trouble getting one from Mitsu though. (Is that because Mitsu's mad at them for other reviews?? I dunno - I haven't seen any of their other Mitsu ones.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - I laughed when I read that too about the quiet engine. It's funny to read reviewers contradicting one another, which just shows how subjective it all is.

I wonder if the regular hosts are going to get their hands on a Mirage for a video -- the one guy really likes small cars and has said he can't wait to try it. He said in an earlier post they were having trouble getting one from Mitsu though. (Is that because Mitsu's mad at them for other reviews?? I dunno - I haven't seen any of their other Mitsu ones.)
    Lend them yours? hahaha ... But indeed the car reviews are all subjective.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No... It is because in the US Mitsubishi actually sold some of the low-mileage press fleet it had of Mirages because in November-December they had a shortage of retail versions. So Mitsubishi put the few they had back on dealer lots instead of journalists hands.

Oh man, I wouldn't ever knowingly buy a press fleet car, regardless of the odometer reading!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Oh man, I wouldn't ever knowingly buy a press fleet car, regardless of the odometer reading!
    oh? why? This is interesting, a car is a car right? A good car from a good manufacturer should withstand a lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Its just that reviewers beat the snot out of the cars because... well because they can. Its not like anyone actually drives like that 99.9% of the time, but they feel they have to report on that .1% because its so important.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

never, ever, ever buy a former press car, at least if my driving is indicative of how these things get handled.
    - Mirage Car Reviewer. (source)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    A ha .... still I think it will withstand the abuse .... hahahahahahaha
    True indeed, I won't buy the car from him