Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dba A05A A390 Hatchback

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Weird so to start all over again. Car runs fine, does not over heat, ac works but when you sit with the engine idling and the ac on the engine shakes?
    Shakes how badly? These thing are shaky. And with this all being 2nd hand info there are even more questions. So this happens when your brother driving, have you actually seen it happen or is it just normal and your brother is used to a lexus and thinks your Mirage should idle smoother?
    Ahaahaha we have a corolla and a vitz too but not a lexus, no i have experienced it too.
    I will try to get a video and share the link here.
    Mechanics locally here all say, this is a common fault in Mirages here. They say the only remedy is to change the engine.
    I am thinking the same different engine would have the same fault down the road.

So far the only Mirage engine I replaced was in my own car that had a spun rod bearing at 289,xxxkm/179k miles. I maintain a fleet of these turds at work. There's one in the fleet with 477k km/296k miles on the original engine.

There's one forum member in Germany with the 1.0L(Foama). He had problems with the carbon on the valves but that caused a no start problem for him iirc. A compression test might not be a bad idea?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dba a05a mirage View Post
    They say the only remedy is to change the engine.
    Horsepoo. Big time. Wet n sloppy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I have drivers tell me the engine is too shaky sometimes. I hold their hand and they lead me into the parking lot pointing to the car with the hood open, engine idling away. I just close the hood and tell them it's fine....I'm sure they all think I'm the idiot lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Ahaahaha we have a corolla and a vitz too but not a lexus, no i have experienced it too.
    I will try to get a video and share the link here.
    Mechanics locally here all say, this is a common fault in Mirages here. They say the only remedy is to change the engine.
    I am thinking the same different engine would have the same fault down the road.
    dont change your engine, instead change your mechanic, this is not common issue for mirage, ive experience this problem in our shop but its very simple not so major that you need to replace the engine, as far as im concern 3A9 is a very reliable engine if taken care off the only problem that this engine is facing is neglect. back to your problem try cleaning your spark plugs and throttle body this issue is a common maintenance issue if you have a capable scanner you can reset the engine learning to refresh the ECU and also check your grounding this also cause misfires if insufficient.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-29-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hello,

I'm new here.

1) My Dba A05A A390 1.0 FWD Hatchback has started literally trembling when A/C is turned on in traffic and then heats up.
    What's the remedy to this please?

2) If i don't find a solution, i am thinking of swapping the engine. What would be the most economical and bolt on engine to put in the bay without needing to alter anything?

Please help!
    Hi dba a05a, is your AC 100% broken, or is it just overworking itself in heavy traffic, in hot weather? Little 3 cylinder that couldn't do it lol. How is the AC as you drive along in mild warm weather?

My Mirage doesn't even have AC lol sorry, rattles somewhat when in neutral, stays around 800 rpm. Vibration kinda comes and goes almost. I think straight 6s also idle weird.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-02-2022 at 06:37 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    dont change your engine, instead change your mechanic, this is not common issue for mirage, ive experience this problem in our shop but its very simple not so major that you need to replace the engine, as far as im concern 3A9 is a very reliable engine if taken care off the only problem that this engine is facing is neglect. back to your problem try cleaning your spark plugs and throttle body this issue is a common maintenance issue if you have a capable scanner you can reset the engine learning to refresh the ECU and also check your grounding this also cause misfires if insufficient.

These engines don't need much maintenance, but they don't forgive neglect! An overheating problem must be adressed immediately, not in a few days or so.
    Without proper maintenance you are asking for big trouble.

The 1.0L engine has very little torque, and only gets peak torque at max revs. At idle, it has practically no power, and an A/C load at idle is asking a lot from that tiny engine.
    Mine is a 1.0L also, and I don't use the A/C.

My advice:
    Make sure maintenance is perfect so it runs fine. Be happy you can leave the A/C on when it is in idle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-02-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    How hot does it get in Pakistan? That's right there at the base of the Himalayas right? I figured it'd be cold as hell most of the year?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How hot does it get in Pakistan? That's right there at the base of the Himalayas right? I figured it'd be cold as hell most of the year?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B...ia_present.svg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-03-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Ahhhh so just the northeast corner has cold temperatures and the rest is hot as hell, interesting.