Thread: Dba A05A A390 Hatchback

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Dba A05A A390 Hatchback

Hello,

I'm new here.

1) My Dba A05A A390 1.0 FWD Hatchback has started literally trembling when A/C is turned on in traffic and then heats up.
    What's the remedy to this please?

2) If i don't find a solution, i am thinking of swapping the engine. What would be the most economical and bolt on engine to put in the bay without needing to alter anything?

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by dba a05a mirage View Post
    Hello,

I'm new here.

1) My Dba A05A A390 1.0 FWD Hatchback has started literally trembling when A/C is turned on in traffic and then heats up.
    What's the remedy to this please?

2) If i don't find a solution, i am thinking of swapping the engine. What would be the most economical and bolt on engine to put in the bay without needing to alter anything?

Please help!
    1) How long have you owned your car? What heats up, the vents inside the car or the engine? Sounds like you may possibly need the ac recharged. These cars will sometimes engage the compressor even though they they don't have enough charge to cool. Might just need a top off. Does your rad fan work when the ac is on?

2) The most economical engine to install would be the same one you take out. Otherwise you might be able to drop the 1.2L version of what you already have in there with little to no mods. Otherwise you're sol.

It's hard to impossible to fix your car over the interwebs. But we'll try anyways.
    Please send beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    1) How long have you owned your car? What heats up, the vents inside the car or the engine? Sounds like you may possibly need the ac recharged. These cars will sometimes engage the compressor even though they they don't have enough charge to cool. Might just need a top off. Does your rad fan work when the ac is on?

2) The most economical engine to install would be the same one you take out. Otherwise you might be able to drop the 1.2L version of what you already have in there with little to no mods. Otherwise you're sol.

It's hard to impossible to fix your car over the interwebs. But we'll try anyways.
    Please send beer.
    1)
    Ran 108K Miles so far. First owner.
    The engine heats up and the whole car starts shaking like tremors only when in Traffic with the A/C on.
    A/C's gas has been checked and pressures are fine too.
    Radiator Fan does work when its supposed to.

2)
    Would the 1.2 L fit like made for this chassis?

The engine runs absolutely fine beside this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dba a05a mirage View Post
    1)
    Ran 108K Miles so far. First owner.
    The engine heats up and the whole car starts shaking like tremors only when in Traffic with the A/C on.
    A/C's gas has been checked and pressures are fine too.
    Radiator Fan does work when its supposed to.

2)
    Would the 1.2 L fit like made for this chassis?

The engine runs absolutely fine beside this issue.
    Gotcha. So when it heats up the red temp warning light comes on? Is it possible that your radiator or condenser fins be plugged or rotted away possibly?

All North American Mirages came with the 1.2L. I believe it's basically the same engine but has either a different crank or different bore. I can't remember which. I could be wrong but I think they are the same physical dimensions?

Did the shakes start recently or just get worse over time? Is it just idling too low? The ac does put a noticable load on the engine, maybe with the 1L it's more pronounced? Do you have any warning lights when it's acting up or do you have the ability to check for any stored or previous history codes?

I have seen some vehicles that have a limp home mode that cut fuel or spark to multiple cylinders to help cool the engine if they get to hot, I can't see this being the case in a 3cylinder. I have had one of these break a wire to one of the fuel injectors though, our driver limped it back to the shop from 10 mins away running on 2 cylinders. It was much more shaky than normal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-29-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    dba a05a -

• Can you confirm that your COMPRESSOR is engaging?
    → It sounds like what you are describing with the A/C on, that indeed the compressor is engaging.
    → But can you pop the hood with the engine idling, have someone else turning ON/OFF the A/C and watch the A/C clutch area to confirm?

• What happens if, while the car is vibrating, you manually press the A/C button to turn OFF the A/C? Does the vibration stop?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I still don't understand.

Is the problem that the engine OVERHEATS and then shakes?

Or that the engine GET TO OPERATING TEMP and then shakes?
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-01-2022)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Gotcha. So when it heats up the red temp warning light comes on? Is it possible that your radiator or condenser fins be plugged or rotted away possibly?

All North American Mirages came with the 1.2L. I believe it's basically the same engine but has either a different crank or different bore. I can't remember which. I could be wrong but I think they are the same physical dimensions?

Did the shakes start recently or just get worse over time? Is it just idling too low? The ac does put a noticable load on the engine, maybe with the 1L it's more pronounced? Do you have any warning lights when it's acting up or do you have the ability to check for any stored or previous history codes?

I have seen some vehicles that have a limp home mode that cut fuel or spark to multiple cylinders to help cool the engine if they get to hot, I can't see this being the case in a 3cylinder. I have had one of these break a wire to one of the fuel injectors though, our driver limped it back to the shop from 10 mins away running on 2 cylinders. It was much more shaky than normal.
    I confirmed with my brother who drives it and he said the heating up was because of the radiator fan not working, that has been fixed along with replacing the radiator cap so no RED temperature light anymore.
    However the shaking is still there whenever A/C is turned on during traffic stops. So he has to turn the A/C off, drive out of congested traffic and then turns the A/C back on again.

The Shakes started recently.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dba a05a mirage For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-01-2022)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    dba a05a -

• Can you confirm that your COMPRESSOR is engaging?
    → It sounds like what you are describing with the A/C on, that indeed the compressor is engaging.
    → But can you pop the hood with the engine idling, have someone else turning ON/OFF the A/C and watch the A/C clutch area to confirm?

• What happens if, while the car is vibrating, you manually press the A/C button to turn OFF the A/C? Does the vibration stop?
    "→ But can you pop the hood with the engine idling, have someone else turning ON/OFF the A/C and watch the A/C clutch area to confirm?"

I will have this looked at.

"• What happens if, while the car is vibrating, you manually press the A/C button to turn OFF the A/C? Does the vibration stop?"

Yes it fades out of the vibration.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dba a05a mirage For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-01-2022)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I still don't understand.

Is the problem that the engine OVERHEATS and then shakes?

Or that the engine GET TO OPERATING TEMP and then shakes?
    I confirmed with my brother who drives it and he said the heating up was because of the radiator fan not working, that has been fixed along with replacing the radiator cap so no RED temperature light anymore.
    However the shaking is still there whenever A/C is turned on during traffic stops. So he has to turn the A/C off, drive out of congested traffic and then turns the A/C back on again.

Weird so to start all over again. Car runs fine, does not over heat, ac works but when you sit with the engine idling and the ac on the engine shakes?
    Shakes how badly? These thing are shaky. And with this all being 2nd hand info there are even more questions. So this happens when your brother driving, have you actually seen it happen or is it just normal and your brother is used to a lexus and thinks your Mirage should idle smoother?