Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another 3 cylinder on the block

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    7miles...
    I have an almost identical history. Still have 4 bikes with #plates instead of license plates but cant ride anymore. I have race cars for the race track and they are strictly for that purpose. On the street you work harder while its rougher and noisier yet go slow.
    The mirage does everything i need in a commuting vehicle and saves me money to play with the others. Race fuel , tires and brakes are expensive!
    If there was no traffic, no speed limit and perfect weather I'd take the mirage over my Evo. Potholes, loud exhaust and staring at gauges would get old real fast.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I have been patiently waiting for the detail on this to come out. I really wanted the GR Yaris to come here, but I knew better. So I had hoped this would be as good as promised, and so far, so good. The problem will indeed be the price. For 35k (which I agree is where it will be) there are plenty of other options, and thus it wont sell well, and thus it will be deemed another failure and reason why "AMERICANS DONT WANT MANUAL HATCHES" which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Same! I've been eyeing the Yaris GR for the past year or so and didn't think we would actually get anything in the US. I was so excited hearing about the Corolla GR. It would look nice parked right behind the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    The problem will indeed be the price. For 35k (which I agree is where it will be) there are plenty of other options, and thus it wont sell well, and thus it will be deemed another failure and reason why "AMERICANS DONT WANT MANUAL HATCHES" which couldn't be further from the truth.
    This is the Real Problem... The People ask for a Car with Turbo,, AWD,, Manual Trans,, 300 HP, Hatch Back,, ETC,,ETC,, then complain about the price... I think for what they are offering, $35K sounds Pretty Damn Good .. If people ask for a Hot Hatch & the Manufacturer delivers People need to Vote with their Wallet... or the cars will just fade away & we get to drive CVT Auto Boxes "cus that's what everyone buys & factories only make what sells, not what the few say they want, but never buy... Sorry For the rant, just venting again...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (04-08-2022),Fummins (04-07-2022),inuvik (04-07-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    This is the Real Problem... The People ask for a Car with Turbo,, AWD,, Manual Trans,, 300 HP, Hatch Back,, ETC,,ETC,, then complain about the price... I think for what they are offering, $35K sounds Pretty Damn Good .. If people ask for a Hot Hatch & the Manufacturer delivers People need to Vote with their Wallet... or the cars will just fade away & we get to drive CVT Auto Boxes "cus that's what everyone buys & factories only make what sells, not what the few say they want, but never buy... Sorry For the rant, just venting again...
    Since it's my wallet, I would much rather have the Toyota Corolla hatchback with the 2.0L 169 hp engine & a 6-speed manual for $21,000. I could come up with better things to spend the extra $14,000 on.

If I was spending $30,000+ on a vehicle, the Corolla GR wouldn't even make my list. Sorry!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    In America, a new base Nissan Leaf S is $27k before the $7k federal tax credit. So $20k for a new EV is fantastic. The issue is half the country lives in an apartment or condo. If I had one I'd have to pay $ every other day at a ChadMo fast charging station and wait an hour, total pain in my azz. Plus ChadMo is starting to get phased out, so it'll be harder to even find a station.

EVs will only work for everyone if there's a dedicated charging station in every apartment complex. It would of been a much better idea from the administration if they'd of focused on everyone having a hybrid.
    EV subsidy is still not establish here and we dont have the structure yet, nissan leaf is almost same price as the outlander PHEV which is crazy given that its pure electric and a hatchback compare to the hybrid outlander AWD SUV i dont know how nissan came out with that price they believed that they can sell that here.