Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage DE wont crank or start

Quote Originally Posted by joekeen77 View Post
    well after some more messing around i now know the obd scanner is good and its not turning on when plugged into the mirage obd port so im looking to figure out why atm checking more fuses and connections. I swapped the starter relay and jcase fuse with the window relay and fuse to rule them out in the process they werent bad. ill check back if anyone comes up with anything else. as far as immobilizer i really dont know
    I found the starting circuit diagram..... One last thought. Did you check the fusible links at the positive battery terminal. There's a bunch of them, might have to tear that red plastic piece off to get a good look. I'll post the diagram when I figure out how to. Sounds like you're getting it figured though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I found the starting circuit diagram..... One last thought. Did you check the fusible links at the positive battery terminal. There's a bunch of them, might have to tear that red plastic piece off to get a good look. I'll post the diagram when I figure out how to. Sounds like you're getting it figured though.
    was actually just looking at that and saw there was fusable links there trying to figure if there is something to tell me which ones are which says there is 1-7 i think.

I'll look again. I tried uploading the schematic but I'm too computer dumb. Give me a second.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I can't make it out, wire says 3W at the fusible link it says SBF3. I'll try to look at a harness I have on the floor.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    trying to get the red plastic off atm trying not to break it lol dont see a screw or something holding it on

Quote Originally Posted by joekeen77 View Post
    trying to get the red plastic off atm trying not to break it lol dont see a screw or something holding it on
    I think they're just clipped on, it's easier to tear apart parts cars though.

Or you might have to disassemble the thing, remove all the 10mm nuts. I can't remember.

The 2 larger white wires are for the alternator and Starter. I'd assume the starter one is ok since it could be jumped down below.

I do not know where the fusible link on the power wire to the starter relay(in the under hood fuse box) is? Might be on the battery connector, if not I have no idea where that'd be. Could always check for power at the relay pins. Which is which I don't know off hand but could try to check when I have time if nobody else does by then.

It's just really weird that you don't have power at the obdII port and the starter doesn't work.

I've seen obdII ports loose power when the Cig light fuses blow. Grasping at straws here lol.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-04-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think they're just clipped on, it's easier to tear apart parts cars though.

Or you might have to disassemble the thing, remove all the 10mm nuts. I can't remember.

The 2 larger white wires are for the alternator and Starter. I'd assume the starter one is ok since it could be jumped down below.

I do not know where the fusible link on the power wire to the starter relay(in the under hood fuse box) is? Might be on the battery connector, if not I have no idea where that'd be. Could always check for power at the relay pins. Which is which I don't know off hand but could try to check when I have time if nobody else does by then.

It's just really weird that you don't have power at the obdII port and the starter doesn't work.

I've seen obdII ports loose power when the Cig light fuses blow. Grasping at straws here lol.
    Got it off without breaking it was at the point of saying screw it if it breaks it breaks they all look solid gonna see if i can find my old multimeter if it didnt grow legs and walk off somewhere.

there is 4 along the side 3 on top.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does it start in Neutral? I feel like I remember someone having a CVT that didnt go into the P spot properly...

I also like trying simple stuff first.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-05-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    yea we tried everything simple we could think of including neutral im in the process of testing wiring and connectors etc to see where im getting or not getting power.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    wondering if i remove the ecu and take it to the mitsubishi place near here if they can tell me if its bad. I havent tested everything but im starting to lean toward that ill probably test the relays and the slots they plug into before doing that.