Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage owners are more enthusiastic than Spark owners

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I've mentioned this somewhere else on this forum (regarding Jalopnik readers' Mazda obsessions, and the relatively mediocre sales of the brand). GM probably created the Spark while asking the "automotive enthusiast", where enthusiast = some 24 year old Interweb citizen who still draws cars with guns on them. Mitsubishi went out on the streets and actually asked people what they needed out of a small city car, you know, like fuel economy, efficient space utilization, and a ridiculously tight turning circle.

So the Spark gets better "professional" reviews, the Mirage has more actual sales (and consequently, owners)!

Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    And come on, Spark's boring .... I love the long gears in this car. I can recall some reviewer said that Mirage, unlike the VW up which has short gear for 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear for city use, has too long gears which makes it unfit as city car. But I don't agree. I can choose to change gear very shortly at 1700 rpm or just go to max speed limit of 50 km/h on my 2nd gear then switch to 4th for eco.
    I second the motion regarding the longer gears. Unfit as a city car? Rubbish. 1st gear is just short enough to allow me to idle-cruise Manila's infamous rush hour traffic with minimal clutch feathering; is there anything more "city driving" than that?! Now those cartoonish big arse wing mirrors, those are city-driving features, especially when seven motorbikes are trying to lane-split you on both sides (welcome to Southeast Asia, fellas. Enjoy your stay!).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    GM probably created the Spark while asking the "automotive enthusiast", where enthusiast = some 24 year old Interweb citizen who still draws cars with guns on them.
    Now THAT is funny!

Speaking of demographics... let's not forget that the Spark was a Transformers movie character after all.

You know what... you jostled my memory about the Spark. Before the car was developed, GM announced an internet "vote" at the 2007 NY Auto Show to choose the style of their North American city car. Spark was one of the candidates (although then called "Beat"), along with 2 others:

Name:  lutz-us-not-a-frontrunner-to-get-a-new-chevy-minicar-photo-94343-s-429x262.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  15.3 KB

How realistic the process was, I have no idea, but GM said the Spark/Beat was the "clear winner".
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t/spark/design

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    - Mitsu owners are housewifes which replies forum while nursing
    pics?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kalifornia For This Useful Post:

RedDE5Spd (02-13-2014)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    pics?
    he BRB and google for you.. hahaha

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    pics?
    Here it is .... ;-)
    Name:  textingwhilenursing_zpsf2f93061.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  56.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

grsupercity (02-13-2014),socal6g (02-13-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    he BRB and google for you.. hahaha
    damn right .... hahahahahahahahaha

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Mitsubishi went out on the streets and actually asked people what they needed out of a small city car, you know, like fuel economy, efficient space utilization, and a ridiculously tight turning circle.

especially when seven motorbikes are trying to lane-split you on both sides (welcome to Southeast Asia, fellas. Enjoy your stay!).
    True, the turning circle of this car is hilarious. I watched the car in front of me struggling to make the U turn which I took easily in one go (am polite enough not to horn him hahaha).

And for Southeast Asia .... This car is perfect!! I actually thinking of buying Attrage in Indonesia for the times when I visited (once a year), no need to rent car

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    damn right .... hahahahahahahahaha

LOL... i laugh in the office like nobody care.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    LOL... i laugh in the office like nobody care.
    uh he ask for a pic, a pic he gets ;-)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We got good friendly members here. This being a world wide forum is just awesome.