Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage owners are more enthusiastic than Spark owners

Mirage owners are more enthusiastic than Spark owners

Pic from thread: Mitsubishi Mirage vs. Chevrolet Spark comparison

The Chevy Spark is probably the closest competitor to the Mirage here in North America. Yesterday, out of curiosity, I decided to look at stats on a few Spark owner forums... and you Mirage guys and girls are way more enthusiastic about your cars.

Compared to the top 3 Spark forums that came up in my Google search, we have:

• more forum activity each month on average than any individual Spark forum (counting threads & posts)
    • more new members signing up each month on average than any one Spark forum
    • more posts per month on average than all 3 Spark forums combined!

The most established/biggest Spark forum is over 3 years old, and we have already surpassed 50% of their number of thread/posts in only 1 year.

And there also are many more Sparks on the road than Mirages.

What does this all mean??

• the Mirage is a more interesting car (but we already knew this, didn't we? )
    • Mitsu owners are more enthusiastic
    • ???

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

kerc (04-23-2014),socal6g (02-13-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    - Mitsu owners are job-less people which spends their time continuously clicking on refresh button on the browser and directly replied on any post
    - Mitsu owners are hard-working people which put aside anything they do when a reply is posted. When a notification enters on their mobile phone while in a meeting, instead of taking notes of the meeting, taking notes of what to reply and run back to the desktop immediately after meeting ends to post the replies (me especially .... lol)
    - Mitsu owners are housewifes which replies forum while cooking and nursing
    - Mitsu owners are directors and managers which "delegates" their work to the ppl under them and sits the whole day on the forum
    - Mitsu cars are a car with loads of possibilites, you can adjust just anything and loads of accessories for it.
    - Mitsu cars are all round cars, you can use it to rally, to carry groceries, to go out stepping, road trips, etc etc etc. Spark's just not comfortable enough, uses too many fuel, small bagage space

And come on, Spark's boring .... I love the long gears in this car. I can recall some reviewer said that Mirage, unlike the VW up which has short gear for 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear for city use, has too long gears which makes it unfit as city car. But I don't agree. I can choose to change gear very shortly at 1700 rpm or just go to max speed limit of 50 km/h on my 2nd gear then switch to 4th for eco.
    Last edited by m4v3r1ck; 02-12-2014 at 02:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-12-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    m4v3r1ck, that post actually had me loling. Thanks for the laugh man.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    m4v3r1ck, that post actually had me loling. Thanks for the laugh man.
    You're welcomed .... and am still at work .... see how quickly I respond .... uhum ... uhum ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Hilarious, maverick. I will admit that when I discovered how much more active Mirage people are than Spark people, you came to mind.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hahaha i just get excited from this little miracle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I only post when im at work :P

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Well I only post when im at work :P
    A ha .... Another enthousiast, manager "delegator"?

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    - Mitsu owners are job-less people which spends their time continuously clicking on refresh button on the browser and directly replied on any post
    - Mitsu owners are hard-working people which put aside anything they do when a reply is posted. When a notification enters on their mobile phone while in a meeting, instead of taking notes of the meeting, taking notes of what to reply and run back to the desktop immediately after meeting ends to post the replies (me especially .... lol)
    - Mitsu owners are housewifes which replies forum while cooking and nursing
    - Mitsu owners are directors and managers which "delegates" their work to the ppl under them and sits the whole day on the forum
    - Mitsu cars are a car with loads of possibilites, you can adjust just anything and loads of accessories for it.
    - Mitsu cars are all round cars, you can use it to rally, to carry groceries, to go out stepping, road trips, etc etc etc. Spark's just not comfortable enough, uses too many fuel, small bagage space

And come on, Spark's boring .... I love the long gears in this car. I can recall some reviewer said that Mirage, unlike the VW up which has short gear for 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear for city use, has too long gears which makes it unfit as city car. But I don't agree. I can choose to change gear very shortly at 1700 rpm or just go to max speed limit of 50 km/h on my 2nd gear then switch to 4th for eco.
    what i love about holland. their football crazy man !!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I don't like football lol