Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Vehicle must average 40 MPG by 2026

I don't agree with that one post either but if all you have to choose from is a handful of crap boxes then I guess most people would choose a crap box instead of walking. My idea of camping is going out to the bush away from people rather than a "caravan park" that's just a field with a bunch of people, tents and tiny trailers in it. At least that's how Top Gear made it look lol.

To each their own. I like having a choice how I piss away my money even though it's becoming hard to that these days. I haven't filled up my truck since September(when I blew up the engine in my car). I don't think it's fair that we are being forced to either drive far less or drive turd pails(no offence Mirage) or buy ev's in the not to distant future, meanwhile some Countries have a zero sharts given or any understanding of what pollution is. Besides, I don't see Volcano's paying carbon tax like i have to.

Last edited by Fummins; 04-04-2022 at 10:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I notice they are willing to give a subsidy or "rebate" whatever to people that buy electric car but how come they dont do it for people that buy a small econobox like the Mirage?
    This this this

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I notice they are willing to give a subsidy or "rebate" whatever to people that buy electric car but how come they dont do it for people that buy a small econobox like the Mirage?
    They do in some places.

They used to in Canada - it was a federal "feebate" stick/carrot program: extra fee on gas guzzlers & rebate for efficient cars (regardless of powertrain technology used).

I remember reading about one US city that offered free (or discounted) parking for efficient cars. Old Geo Metros qualified!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-07-2022)