Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi to launch Renault-built Colt small car for Europe in 2023

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Good point. I'll never believe everything I read on the internet again.

https://carbuzz.com/news/why-can-t-m...-honda-insight

Here's a video on the Clio hybrid. At 62 mpg, it certainly meets the dictate/mandate of 40mpg.

https://youtu.be/34bZx94IRLI

Last edited by MetroMPG; 04-07-2022 at 04:37 PM. Reason: (added vid)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (04-13-2022),MetroMPG (04-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Here's a video on the Clio hybrid. At 62 mpg, it certainly meets the dictate/mandate of 40mpg.

Do they mean 62mp US gallon or 62mp Imperial gallon=53 mpg (US). I don't know myself and don't have time to googles it.
    I'll have to check the vijeo out when I have speakers. Either way, 53 or 62mpg is pretty decent, if it could be sold here at a decent price and handles better than the current Mirage I'd maybe consider one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do they mean 62mp US gallon or 62mp Imperial gallon=53 mpg (US). I don't know myself and don't have time to googles it.
    I'll have to check the vijeo out when I have speakers. Either way, 53 or 62mpg is pretty decent, if it could be sold here at a decent price and handles better than the current Mirage I'd maybe consider one.

Likely imperial gallons. I like the way it looks,.I don't know much about Renault, other than they don't seem to win in F1 very often.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

vintzend (04-06-2022)

Likely imperial gallons. I like the way it looks,.I don't know much about Renault, other than they don't seem to win in F1 very often.
    Same here. All I know is it’s French and the only renault I recall seeing in person was in a field on the side of the highway for as long as I can remember. https://goo.gl/maps/Mwp8GunMd4wTW3WLA Attachment 23179

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-07-2022),vintzend (04-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think MetroMPG's old Honda Insight was hybrid with a 5 speed manual. Maybe he will chime in!
    A friend of mine bought a brand new '04 or '05 Civic Hybrid with a manual transmission. She let me drive it. I thought it was really weird that the engine shut off at stoplights!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-06-2022)

That's a lot nicer than the field car Renault. There were 2 things I figured may suck about that car. The are the rear outer door handles, up high and angled so they could fill up with snow but I think our Sonics are similar and I haven't seen an issue with them. When the guy opened the hatch he crouched down and reached just above where the license plate mounts to push a button I presume. That's a pretty crappy spot to put that, I'd rather have a fugly handle on the hatch than a stupid button that'll pack with snow and salt in the winter and dirt the other 2 months of the year. It's prone to fail and who want's to bend over with arm fulls of crap to search for a stupid dirty button? Oh, and the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (04-06-2022),vintzend (04-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Guess those French engineers didn't do their homework on the hatch...eh? Mark is probably right: we'll get a re-badged Versa in North America with a "dynamic shield" front end.

Why aren't they calling it "Space Star" / "Mirage"?

vintzend - thanks for posting this!

To me the most interesting question is: why has Mitsu decided to use the Colt name?

1) Does it suggest the old Mirage/Space Star platform may soldier on for a few more years alongside the new/rebadged model?

2) Or does it suggest that they're abandoning the Mirage name because the current generation got so freakin' much negative press?

(I'd bet on option 2.)

Also, the fact they're going ahead with the re-badge means that if/when Nissan Mexico starts building the "next gen" Micra/March (same platform as the Clio), Canada/US could get it as a rebadged Colt/Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Guess those French engineers didn't do their homework on the hatch...eh? Mark is probably right: we'll get a re-badged Versa in North America with a "dynamic shield" front end.
    It would actually make sense that they could rebadge the Versa as the G4 -- the Versa sedan is built in Mexico on a modified version of the current Clio/Micra platform.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    A friend of mine bought a brand new '04 or '05 Civic Hybrid with a manual transmission.
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think MetroMPG's old Honda Insight was hybrid with a 5 speed manual. Maybe he will chime in!
    Yeah: manual transmission hybrids available from Honda were the 1st gen Insight, Civic & the CR-Z.

I'd drive a CR-Z!

Name:  Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 12-28-59 The 2016 Honda CR-Z is a treat and a mystery Car Reviews Auto1.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  59.8 KB

The official fuel economy rating for the stick shift wasn't stellar, but it's not hard to beat it by a BIG margin when driven economically.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 12-32-42 Gas Mileage of 2016 Honda CR-Z.png
Views: 264
Size:  85.2 KB
    https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymo...nda_CR-Z.shtml

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-08-2022)