Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi to launch Renault-built Colt small car for Europe in 2023

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It would actually make sense that they could rebadge the Versa as the G4 -- the Versa sedan is built in Mexico on a modified version of the current Clio/Micra platform.
    Eventually vehicle shopping will be like comparing a

Buick to a Chevrolet
    KIA to a Hyundai
    Mitsubishi to a Nissan

When times become hard, Mitsubishi could become the next - Mercury, Pontiac, Saturn, and Oldsmobile. Even a company like Toyota dropped Scion eventually.

I don't see the Alliance enhancing Mitsubishi products, but I hope that I am wrong.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Eventually vehicle shopping will be like comparing a

Buick to a Chevrolet
    KIA to a Hyundai
    Mitsubishi to a Nissan

When times become hard, Mitsubishi could become the next - Mercury, Pontiac, Saturn, and Oldsmobile. Even a company like Toyota dropped Scion eventually.

I don't see the Alliance enhancing Mitsubishi products, but I hope that I am wrong.

Not to mention this unholy alliance between GM and Honda. Talk about your polar opposites (pun intended).

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...icles-together

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Here's a video on the Clio hybrid.

https://youtu.be/34bZx94IRLI
    Just watched this, and I learned the hybrid has a "dog box" geared transmission, not a CVT. Slightly unusual for a hybrid?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

It's a Clio

Name:  Screenshot_20220405-125720.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  86.9 KB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-13-2022),vintzend (05-11-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If the new Colt is just a relabeled Renault Clio, I would buy the Clio. I see no reason to be excited over this.

I predicted Mitsubishi will become a vendor for Nissan & Renault vehicles. I have felt that way ever since Mitsubishi has joined the Alliance.

Outlander has become the Rogue.

Quote - "The next Mitsubishi Triton is going to be a Nissan Navara under the sheet metal." This is happening even though the Triton was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia.

Colt will be a Renault Clio.

This list will just continue to grow, and I will shop at Toyota dealerships as it happens.

I like my Mirage. I don't expect Mitsubishi to exist as we know it in the future.
    Sadly I think you're correct about that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But Mitsubishi will not be having competition right after Spark officially get discontinued in August. Mirage is still being sold more than the G4. White bear dealer for instance don't have any new HB and still has the sedan which says alot about the market.

I predict that the G4 (if not the HB) will be discontinued first in favor of the Clio. Maybe model year 2023?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    But Mitsubishi will not be having competition right after Spark officially get discontinued in August. Mirage is still being sold more than the G4. White bear dealer for instance don't have any new HB and still has the sedan which says alot about the market.

I predict that the G4 (if not the HB) will be discontinued first in favor of the Clio. Maybe model year 2023?
    I don't think Renault products are coming here. We will be stuck with Nissan products.

Mitsubishi doesn't even exist for most consumers. We are talking less than 1% of the market share (0.68% in 2021) in the US. The figures go back to 2005, and it has never been above 1%.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/mitsub...sales-figures/

Only a pickup truck would put Mitsubishi on the US map. If it's a Nissan truck, the company is just a vendor for Nissan products.

I like my Mirage. Mitsubishi as a company sucks. Most of their dealerships suck!

I only use dealerships for warranty/recall work. Thankfully, the Mirage is reliable. Otherwise, I wouldn't own one.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I don't think Renault products are coming here. We will be stuck with Nissan products.

Mitsubishi doesn't even exist for most consumers. We are talking less than 1% of the market share (0.68% in 2021) in the US. The figures go back to 2005, and it has never been above 1%.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/mitsub...sales-figures/

Only a pickup truck would put Mitsubishi on the US map. If it's a Nissan truck, the company is just a vendor for Nissan products.

I like my Mirage. Mitsubishi as a company sucks. Most of their dealerships suck!

I only use dealerships for warranty/recall work. Thankfully, the Mirage is reliable. Otherwise, I wouldn't own one.
    I'd take a Nissan Frontier rebadge with a 100k mile warranty in a heart beat. Mitsu designers have a sharp eye and I'd be intrigued to see aesthetic differences they would bring to the table. The new Outlander IMO is better looking than the Rogue.

I believe the Frontier comes with a traditional 6 speed auto too IIRC.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I bought my Mirage because the "stripped naked" model was just barely within my financial reach. The price included calculated running costs as well as the sales price, and that doing all repairs myself. As a senior satellite payload engineer with three university degrees, you don't get much salary (roughly € 30 000 PA) these days, much less than the average wage.

The Clio is is a much more expensive, wider and longer car than the Mirage. The Mirage itself is much wider than a normal car such as the popular FIAT Panda, for example. In narrow European streets with very narrow parking spaces, more width and unnecessary length is a definite disadvantage. My street is barely three meter wide, and the Mirage is already 1.95 wide with mirrors. Folks with SUV's are collectively getting on other people's nerves because of blocking or disrupting the flow of traffic in narrow streets, squatting on two or three parking spaces at the same time, etc.
    Not that the Clio is wide like a SUV, but it certainly is much wider than most, more than our streets are good for. On top of that, it is far too expensive for me, and it is a Renault sharing their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I bought my Mirage because the "stripped naked" model was just barely within my financial reach. The price included calculated running costs as well as the sales price, and that doing all repairs myself. As a senior satellite payload engineer with three university degrees, you don't get much salary (roughly € 30 000 PA) these days, much less than the average wage.

The Clio is is a much more expensive, wider and longer car than the Mirage. The Mirage itself is much wider than a normal car such as the popular FIAT Panda, for example. In narrow European streets with very narrow parking spaces, more width and unnecessary length is a definite disadvantage. My street is barely three meter wide, and the Mirage is already 1.95 wide with mirrors. Folks with SUV's are collectively getting on other people's nerves because of blocking or disrupting the flow of traffic in narrow streets, squatting on two or three parking spaces at the same time, etc.
    Not that the Clio is wide like a SUV, but it certainly is much wider than most, more than our streets are good for. On top of that, it is far too expensive for me, and it is a Renault sharing their reputation.
    Holy crap. You must be pretty frugal! Anyone working a full time job making minimum wage ($15/hr) over here is guaranteed $31200(cad) or 23128 eur. I'm not sure how cost of living compares but at least gas is cheaper.

Oddly enough, I met some people from Germany the other day. They seem to be pretty well off, the wife was a social worker and the guy was a welder. My folks are in the process of buying their acreage out this way. They plan to move back to Germany in the next few years if things simmer down over that way.

I couldn't imagine living on a street that's less than half the width of my driveway. Heck, my truck has got to be around 8' wide. With the bullwinkle tow mirrors in ghost trailer mode it's probably closer to 9. I like the fact that I can pull a you turn in front of my house, our neighborhood is 40 years old. Newer areas out here are becoming tightly packed that you could jump from roof to roof for blocks and the streets are so narrow they're basically single lane when cars park on both sides(which is usually the case).

Last edited by Fummins; 05-05-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)