Thread: Software Update

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Software Update

Does anyone know if we can do software updates on our HU without going through a dealership? Since I upgraded my cell phone to an Apple 13, my phone will not connect to the HU automatically. Also, here in the US, all cell companies are shutting down the 3G network, which would be part of the software on cars from 2019 and older. So, I am hoping to find a DIY solution and not have to take mine to a dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Does anyone know if we can do software updates on our HU without going through a dealership? Since I upgraded my cell phone to an Apple 13, my phone will not connect to the HU automatically. Also, here in the US, all cell companies are shutting down the 3G network, which would be part of the software on cars from 2019 and older. So, I am hoping to find a DIY solution and not have to take mine to a dealership.
    I see you have a 2018 model, so that probably means you have the MGN multimedia system, correct? The system with two knobs at left/right side and a good old CD player integrated.

I believe officially we end users are not supposed to install updates ourselves, but I read a post on a Dutch Facebook group recently from somebody who said he managed to do it, without specifying how. I'd assume dodgy links.

I'd be careful. I let my dealer install updates (as part of warranty) and they always encountered issues. Also they had to remove the unit to look up some number that is printed at the top of the device, because they need it to determine which exact firmware to download.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There always seem to be some sort of issue when it comes to the computers on these cars. Why would the radio be any different. Even dealerships have issues with the updates. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    There always seem to be some sort of issue when it comes to the computers on these cars. Why would the radio be any different. Even dealerships have issues with the updates. Hmm.
    I remember the previous time they said they had to start the same installation procedure three times, before it stopped crashing . YMMV of course....

You'd hope to get OTA (over the air) updates in 2022, but no dice...

I see Toyota is actually offering this on their new European Aygo X car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Greetings... I realize this is an old thread but this is the question I have, also.

Has there been any news since this was last updated?

Thanks and have a great day

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaced_Cadet-99 View Post
    Greetings... I realize this is an old thread but this is the question I have, also.
    Has there been any news since this was last updated?
    Thanks and have a great day
    Haha- I was wondering about this too.
    Bluetooth works but no Android Auto connection.
    I guess it's amazing that the Bluetooth works and it imports phonebook, etc.
    The main thing i was hoping was to get the Bluetooth-specific volume slider to set that volume.
    As it is, the volume is controlled by the main volume and not affected by the unit's Bluetooth slider level.