Thread: 6 high school girls killed in a Chevy Spark crash

Country
    United States
    Thanks

6 high school girls killed in a Chevy Spark crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vJ1xssyxxs

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/7134319001/

Six teenage girls were killed Tuesday when their car with only four seats crashed into a large truck hauling rocks, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said Wednesday.

The high schoolers were on their lunch break when their 2015 Chevrolet Spark collided with a semitruck at about 12:30 p.m., according to Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesperson Sarah Stewart.

Those who died included the 16-year-old driver, three 15-year-olds and two 17-year-old passengers, the patrol said. Their names were not released because they are juveniles.

The driver of the passenger vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, along with three other victims. Two died after being transported to a hospital, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

The driver of the semi was not injured.

The crash report, released Wednesday morning, said the circumstances of the wreck remained under investigation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Its one of the dangers we must acknowledge when driving small subcompact cars that you must pay attention with more diligence than normal (same as a motorcycle driver does).

Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVnX01HYvB0 Teens' vehicle did not yield at stop sign in tragic crash that killed 6 Tishomingo girls

Last edited by fc321; 04-08-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-08-2022),mohammad (04-08-2022),precisionxt (04-08-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Then the "experts" again, still analyzing about traffic deaths. First of all, transportation of citizens is a guaranteed right of our Constitution. Whether on foot, bicycle, horse or car, we all have the RIGHT to go where ever we decide, unimpeded by anything. This being a "priviledge" is a wet dream of cops and judges and councilmen. Tennessee has specific law governing commercial vehichles and drivers but not private citizens. Your state in the US is undoubtedly the same.

Officials, parents and teachers do not take driving as serious as it should and therefore neither do the kids. Four seat car with six kids is the first indication. Next, you will never convince me the driver had her mind on what she was doing or the safety of her passengers. Bet anything she pulled out in front of that rock hauler/bean hauler because she "didn't see him." Finally, I cannot recall ANY of my classmates or me having enough time to go running off school grounds at lunch break in '56 to '59. Yeah, I am that old!

There is another aspect to this that is even harder to swallow for most people: these girls will not have to suffer future events that will make this grisly event calm in comparison.
    Karl

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Then the "experts" again, still analyzing about traffic deaths. First of all, transportation of citizens is a guaranteed right of our Constitution. Whether on foot, bicycle, horse or car, we all have the RIGHT to go where ever we decide, unimpeded by anything. This being a "priviledge" is a wet dream of cops and judges and councilmen. Tennessee has specific law governing commercial vehichles and drivers but not private citizens. Your state in the US is undoubtedly the same.

Officials, parents and teachers do not take driving as serious as it should and therefore neither do the kids. Four seat car with six kids is the first indication. Next, you will never convince me the driver had her mind on what she was doing or the safety of her passengers. Bet anything she pulled out in front of that rock hauler/bean hauler because she "didn't see him." Finally, I cannot recall ANY of my classmates or me having enough time to go running off school grounds at lunch break in '56 to '59. Yeah, I am that old!

There is another aspect to this that is even harder to swallow for most people: these girls will not have to suffer future events that will make this grisly event calm in comparison.
    What events do you speak of Crossbolt that these children won't have to suffer? Earnest question.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-09-2022)