Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SiriusXM

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

SiriusXM

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I just purchased a new 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE; love it! Only difficulty I'm having is trying to obtain Sirius XM radio. I cannot locate the radio code. Did not receive a card with the radio code... Mitsubishi dealer service department couldn't help me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Rick, I just did this on both of my new 2022 mirage g4's. You need to purchase SiriusXM SXV300V1. Best deal I found was on Amazon. Then you simply plug it in to the back of the radio in the car. It was easy just to reach thru the glovebox opening to hook it up. The plug goes on the bottom right of the radio. It will only go on one way. Then I just put the antenna on the far right dash. When you start the car it will pop up on screen and give you the code. Hope this helps.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2017G4guy For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-12-2022),Fummins (04-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How does it work once you have it active? Does another icon show up on the touch screen for XM?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I fired sirius/xm several years ago because of increasing rates. I know this doesn't fit with the intent of this thread except in a distant way but s/x is a beast to deal with IF you have a problem. I have also fired Direct TV, Dish and Hughes. I am done with any outfit that peddles entertainment over a satellite because they think they are the only store in town.

I may return to Sirius/xm IF they drop to $5/mo, no contract, no "special deals," no BS. But not until and then it won't be a part of the car.
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, All 2021 and 2022 radios are XM ready. Once you plug in the receiver it will be on the screen just like factory. You can use the steering wheel controls like normal, save channels ect. I'm still planning on tapping into the factory antenna or replacing it if needed so I dont have to have the XM antenna on the dash.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Crossbolt, I hear ya. I've been with them since they started. They keep raising the rates yearly it seems. All I do is pay yearly $99 which is $8.33 a month. Every year right before my times up I threaten to cancel if they dont keep me at the same rate. Works every year. I can't stand local radio and I travel a lot. Also have it on my phone free with my plan so any of my other old cars I drive I can just plug in and go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017G4guy For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (04-13-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017G4guy View Post
    ...Every year right before my times up I threaten to cancel if they don't keep me at the same rate. Works every year.
    +1 That's what I do.

So new Mirage radios have XM controls but no internal XM tuner or antenna?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes that's correct. I guess Mitsubishi didn't want to spend the extra few bucks for the tuner. I can say, once its hooked up thou it sounds great.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017G4guy For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-12-2022)

I've got a lifetime subscription from many moons ago. I used one of the ghetto radar detector receivers with the super duper fm transmitter. When one would crap out I would just open it up and transfer the chip to another ugly radar detector receiver. That worked up a year or so ago. My chip thing crapped out. I managed to find a newer fancy receiver from when I worked at the junkyard that was still activated so I've been running that for the last 2 years in my camper truck. I tried logging into my sirius account but I can't remember wth my original esn number was and they don't recognize my account number. I can still listen online through the app on my phone but they won't let me sign into my account on the computer. I'll wait until my freebie reciever craps out then I'll have to call them and hopefully be able to transfer my "lifetime Subscription" to another receiver.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've got a lifetime subscription from many moons ago. I used one of the ghetto radar detector receivers with the super duper fm transmitter. When one would crap out I would just open it up and transfer the chip to another ugly radar detector receiver. That worked up a year or so ago. My chip thing crapped out.
    Hey, I was the project manager on that ghetto radar detector receiver many years ago. My Starmate with a lifetime subscription still works but gets very hot.
    There is a spot behind the hazard button that the antenna fits in and i get good reception without seeing tge antenna.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-12-2022)