Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SiriusXM

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Standard radar detectors, high end radar detectors & ghetto radar detectors fascinate me. I don't need one as slow as I go, but am still fascinated with them. I have 2, but rarely turn them on. Perhaps Waze is mo' bettuh now anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Standard radar detectors, high end radar detectors & ghetto radar detectors fascinate me. I don't need one as slow as I go, but am still fascinated with them. I have 2, but rarely turn them on. Perhaps Waze is mo' bettuh now anyway.
    I was referring to this Attachment 23215

I can't remember the last time I used a radar detector. I've gotten more tickets when I had one. One time I did get pulled over and the cop was laughing at my Sirius receiver asking if that radar detector even worked cause I didn't slow down once he hit me with the radar gun...Joke was on him, but not really....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sirius One, the Xact XTR3 version was a bit nicer . The $49 retail to reduce the subsidy sirius paid on the unit. It was a big hit during the holidays. "Here's a $50 gift, now pay $12 a month to use it."

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mine says it's "Sirius XM ready", but I got nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by 2017G4guy View Post
    Hi Rick, I just did this on both of my new 2022 mirage g4's. You need to purchase SiriusXM SXV300V1. Best deal I found was on Amazon. Then you simply plug it in to the back of the radio in the car. It was easy just to reach thru the glovebox opening to hook it up. The plug goes on the bottom right of the radio. It will only go on one way. Then I just put the antenna on the far right dash. When you start the car it will pop up on screen and give you the code. Hope this helps.
    I just bought a 2022 G4 Sedan, the face of the infotainment center/radio has two stickers, one says siriusxm ready, and the other sticker across from it is a number. I cannot get it to work, I called siriusxm customer service and they didn't recognize the vin # or the radio. I can't even get my FM radio to display the number ZERO because I don't have a knob to change the station. I have a subscription because I just had it on another vehicle so I did download the app onto my phone and it worked but I'd rather not have my phone constantly heating up so I can listen to XM radio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Tuner or antenna or both?

Quote Originally Posted by 2017G4guy View Post
    Hi Rick, I just did this on both of my new 2022 mirage g4's. You need to purchase SiriusXM SXV300V1. Best deal I found was on Amazon. Then you simply plug it in to the back of the radio in the car. It was easy just to reach thru the glovebox opening to hook it up. The plug goes on the bottom right of the radio. It will only go on one way. Then I just put the antenna on the far right dash. When you start the car it will pop up on screen and give you the code. Hope this helps.
    Rick, do I have to buy both tuner and antenna or just the antenna, my radio has a sticker that says it's "siriusxm ready". I attached some photos in my last message to you. Thanks...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All you need is SiriusXM SXV300V1. This is the tuner module and the antenna that plugs into it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Siriusxm

Quote Originally Posted by DAK View Post
    Rick, do I have to buy both tuner and antenna or just the antenna, my radio has a sticker that says it's "siriusxm ready". I attached some photos in my last message to you. Thanks...
    Thanks, I decided to buy the siriusxm plug and play radio for the same $50 but without all the hassle of getting behind the dash and running the antenna etc. We'll see how it goes. Siriusxm said that is the best option, plus I get a year of xm radio for the same $4+ per month that I'm paying now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DAK View Post
    Thanks, I decided to buy the siriusxm plug and play radio for the same $50 but without all the hassle of getting behind the dash and running the antenna etc. We'll see how it goes. Siriusxm said that is the best option, plus I get a year of xm radio for the same $4+ per month that I'm paying now.
    I guess if it's bluetooth compatible you could do that. I would imagine it would then be a royal pain to switch between connecting your phone via bluetooth and the SiriusXM thing. Also, not sure if it will allow bluetooth audio from that, while doing carplay (the build in SirisusXM can) but it probably will. It will really clutter up the dash at any rate. Getting behind the radio on this car is not hard. You could probably even plug it in from behind the glovebox without removing the radio.

I see various "lifetime subscription" radios on the bay. Who knows how legit they are but if you can ghetto rig them in and they work, more power to you.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 08-30-2022 at 01:26 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I guess if it's bluetooth compatible you could do that. I would imagine it would then be a royal pain to switch between connecting your phone via bluetooth and the SiriusXM thing. Also, not sure if it will allow bluetooth audio from that, while doing carplay (the build in SirisusXM can) but it probably will. It will really clutter up the dash at any rate. Getting behind the radio on this car is not hard. You could probably even plug it in from behind the glovebox without removing the radio.

I see various "lifetime subscription" radios on the bay. Who knows how legit they are but if you can ghetto rig them in and they work, more power to you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSGYCHC...p_imgToDp&th=1

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We just took delivery of our new 2023 SE Mirage. Does anyone know how we can add Sirius XM to this car?