Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SiriusXM

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead1961 View Post
    We just took delivery of our new 2023 SE Mirage. Does anyone know how we can add Sirius XM to this car?
    Unless some company makes an off board receiver that connects to your regular audio head with bluetooth you will be removing your audio head and installing a unit with Sirius. It looks to be an expensive mod, the site below is in CDN $ but the prices are IMO ery high.

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_130DMW2...-W2770NEX.html

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It can be added by plugging a tuner into the back. The factory radios are set up for it. But I will warn you now the reception is really bad and i uninstalled and returned mine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    ...I will warn you now the reception is really bad...
    I wonder why that is? I have a Kenwood head unit that uses the same antenna as that kit...

Name:  sxv300.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  57.3 KB

My antenna is mounted on the roof of the car and I've never had any reception problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ah yes. I should have been more clear. If you aren't willing to run an auxiliary antenna outside your car then the reception is terrible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the responses but I am confused. One reply indicates that I will have to replace the entire audio head unit and another says that the factory radio is set up for the module. The car had no "ready for Sirius" sticker, the owners manual doesn't spell it out and the dealer has no idea.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead1961 View Post
    Thanks for the responses but I am confused. One reply indicates that I will have to replace the entire audio head unit and another says that the factory radio is set up for the module. The car had no "ready for Sirius" sticker, the owners manual doesn't spell it out and the dealer has no idea.
    If yours is a 21+ model year, you should see the “SiriusXM Ready” logo right after starting the car with the Mitsubishi logo. I see SiriusXM ready logo every single time.

I’m considering getting one but I don’t really know if it could work while using Apple CarPlay at the same time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    If yours is a 21+ model year, you should see the “SiriusXM Ready” logo right after starting the car with the Mitsubishi logo. I see SiriusXM ready logo every single time.

I’m considering getting one but I don’t really know if it could work while using Apple CarPlay at the same time.
    Got it! The small "Sirius XM Ready" logo briefly comes on the screen during start-up. I was beginning to fear that Mitsubishi might have deleted this feature for the '23 model year. Thank you!