Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirages, Mirages everywhere!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My little green machine is a 14 with 96000 miles.
    Name:  IMG_20140519_084816.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  89.6 KB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wwjoshdew For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-30-2022),MetroMPG (04-29-2022),vintzend (04-30-2022)

... and it looks like it's in reverse gear!

I've never seen a Kermit Green Prius.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjoshdew View Post
    My little green machine is a 14 with 96000 miles.
    Name:  IMG_20140519_084816.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  89.6 KB

Fellow 2014 owner with the antenna!

I see Mirages all of the time in Vancouver now, but at over $2 per liter for gas, I'm surprised that there are not more of them. So many gas guzzlers. How do they afford it? Oh , right, they all own 2million dollar houses and use HELOCs.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    Fellow 2014 owner with the antenna!

I see Mirages all of the time in Vancouver now, but at over $2 per liter for gas, I'm surprised that there are not more of them. So many gas guzzlers.
    I'm surprised there are not more also. I just took a trip in my Mirage this past weekend. I did 75 mph on a 70 mph interstate, and was getting BLOWN OFF THE ROAD by the biggest gas guzzlers imaginable. It was like I was on the Talladega Super Speedway. Everybody else was all bunched up in a pack on each other's bumper going as fast as they could. They could care less about mpg. Women alone in their QX80s and Range Rovers, and dude's driving their lifted F350's with huge mudders tires all trying to do 90 mph. Noone around me will do jack-crap about their poor mpg until gas hits $10 a gallon.

I have a couple gas guzzlers. But I drive them reasonably. My Lexus is 385 hp. And I can cruise the interstates at reasonable speeds and easily do in the upper 20's. And my big ole Dodge Ram, it's 7,140 pounds empty and 4x4 and I can get 20 mpg cruising.

And, by the way, myself and 2 of my 3 sons (which is a pretty hefty load for a Mirage), their luggage, running 75 mph and about half or more of this 320 mile trip averaged 42.9 mpg. I found that to be spectacular.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (05-05-2022),inuvik (05-02-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I'm surprised there are not more also. I just took a trip in my Mirage this past weekend. I did 75 mph on a 70 mph interstate, and was getting BLOWN OFF THE ROAD by the biggest gas guzzlers imaginable. It was like I was on the Talladega Super Speedway. Everybody else was all bunched up in a pack on each other's bumper going as fast as they could. They could care less about mpg. Women alone in their QX80s and Range Rovers, and dude's driving their lifted F350's with huge mudders tires all trying to do 90 mph. Noone around me will do jack-crap about their poor mpg until gas hits $10 a gallon.

I have a couple gas guzzlers. But I drive them reasonably. My Lexus is 385 hp. And I can cruise the interstates at reasonable speeds and easily do in the upper 20's. And my big ole Dodge Ram, it's 7,140 pounds empty and 4x4 and I can get 20 mpg cruising.

And, by the way, myself and 2 of my 3 sons (which is a pretty hefty load for a Mirage), their luggage, running 75 mph and about half or more of this 320 mile trip averaged 42.9 mpg. I found that to be spectacular.
    That is spectacular 7miles! We're your boys comfortable in the Mirage?

I guess my senses are out of spec with everyone else these days, I'll FLY down HWY 75 doing 80mph and I've never experienced "getting blown around" to the point of being pushed into a different lane, not even close! Or hell, maybe I just don't notice because I my urinalysis results came back with actual pot seeds in the cup. Lol I kid, I would never touch the stuff. Only beatniks and communists partake in the smoking of the Devil's Lettuce!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That is spectacular 7miles! We're your boys comfortable in the Mirage?

I guess my senses are out of spec with everyone else these days, I'll FLY down HWY 75 doing 80mph and I've never experienced "getting blown around" to the point of being pushed into a different lane, not even close! Or hell, maybe I just don't notice because I my urinalysis results came back with actual pot seeds in the cup. Lol I kid, I would never touch the stuff. Only beatniks and communists partake in the smoking of the Devil's Lettuce!
    I think the folks on here that mention getting blown around are those that live in states that are windier that GA. But when I say blown off the road, I mean, I was doing 75 mph, and people were passing me doing 85 mph to 95 mph the whole way. This was all between Atlanta and Chattanooga. It was like Talladega Super Speedway, drafting and all. I was the car that had crash damage and a missing hood, the one who's aero was all messed up and couldn't keep up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I've seen two 2020+ facelift Space Stars driving in the wild lately. They. Are. Everywhere!

I also notice more 2013 models in my neighborhood than before.

I've still yet to see a 2021 new style Mirage in person. I see plenty of 2014-2015 style though(not counting work cars>..)
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Took my car down to SD to get my car reviewed on YT and boy I saw more Mirage's everywhere, California plate (not out of state plate). The most I saw are the 2021-22, blue, red, and silver hatchback, then 2014-15 red and white hatchback. Did not see 2017-20 hatchback and unfortunately no G4 at all. I'm so the minority here.

I wish I could find Geo Metro or Festiva here. I would LOVE to look at em in real life. Can't be big as Mighty Max anyways.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    For a number of years here on the Southern Oregon Coast I never saw another Mirage. But in the last 2 years and especially in the last year I've seen on average about 1 a month. Mostly '19 onward with a rare '14-'15 sighting and always out of state plates most likely driving US101 sightseeing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)