Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much fully loaded 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage Cost?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    No, I should not have used the word lazy eh.

I think the last basic subcompact with no power steering was the Toyota Tercel L. I may be wrong about that. You know you have a true econobox, true cheap subcompact when you have no radio and no power steering from the get go lol. Why not? Less to break
    I got what you were saying. And I'm fine to let the "Richie's" be the early adopters, and wait a few years for luxury options to become standard equipment. And I'm in agreement with less options, less to break. Part of the reason I got a Mirage.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-30-2022)

Many members on this forum seemingly want a barebones car. I am of the opposite of the spectrum, although with the current prices, it took me a long time to make up my mind and order the top trim level car. Dutch car prices are a disaster, compared to our neighbor countries.

I'm a bit disappointed my multimedia system from my current 2018 model (probably the most fancy feature from my current trim level) broke down on me, but at least it was replaced under warranty and hassle-free.

Otherwise, my experience with my current Space Star has been outstanding.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-30-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    A car like the Mirage is gonna attract that crowd of cheapskates sorry that is to me as well lol. But Mirages are dependable and basic cars and mine has been good overall after over 8 years ownership.

Even the fully loaded Mirage is a cheap car compared to most new cars. Only the Nissan Versa sedan comes close in Canada. And that one has all the safety sensors tech from the base model.

I get why people want barebones and why people want more creature comforts. When I bought my Mirage I was on a budget more than now in some ways, so getting it ended up making good sense.

Can't believe I spent $50.75 on gas filling up my Mirage last week. Only broke the $40 fill up record this past winter. What is next?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

vintzend (04-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

I think the last basic subcompact with no power steering was the Toyota Tercel L. I may be wrong about that. You know you have a true econobox, true cheap subcompact when you have no radio and no power steering from the get go lol. Why not? Less to break
    Power steering was still an option with the first couple models of the Toyota Echo (2000-05). Power steering became standard for all Echo models in 2002.

The electric power steering of the Mirage is quite lame! It's one feature I hate the most by far. It makes the handling of the car quite unpredictable at high speeds under windy conditions. I would take the simple rack & pinion steering of older subcompact cars over a Mirage's crappy soft electric power steering any day. The little extra effort needed while parking a non-power steering car is nothing compared to driving hours on end on the highway & battling the poor handling of the electric power steering. I did a 10-hour trip (20-hours round trip last week. I would like my Mirage 100 times better without power steering.

Once the small wheels of a small Mirage are rolling, power steering is so unnecessary. It's only really needed when turning your wheels while stationary. Creating a car with poor handling to overcome those brief moments is really too bad. This is one feature of the car that gets the criticism it deserves from car critics. Handling is not great at high speed, especially when windy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-30-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My old Rabbit had no power steering. Drove like a dream on the highway. No power steering is annoying when you're parking.And when you're driving slow like around a parking lot. Rabbit had a heavy clutch. Car can feel heavy then.

I drive a type of lift truck that has steering that has to be kinked out and zeroed out basically and takes a lot of effort for a newer electric vehicle. Joystick in the right hand and big steering knob wheel 30" in diameter and flat on the dash with your left hand.

I agree and I would have bought a new no-power steering Mirage if that was an "option"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    [QUOTE=AtomicPunk;141191]wait a few years for luxury options to become standard equipment.

I don't mind vehicles having luxury options. That's the purpose of upper trim levels. I just wish base models hadn't been sacrificed in the process.

As cars are becoming more & more saturated with junk, I will miss base models vehicles even more. The days of choosing how much you want to spend on a car are long gone. I'm sorry, but the difference in price between base & top trim CVT level Mirage has only been $2,000 since 2017. That's nothing!

The days of real choice like the Delray, Bel Air, Impala, Biscayne, & Caprice are long gone, but I somewhat missed that time period, too!

Even pickup trucks costing way more than a car still seems silly to me. It wasn't always that way!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

The electric power steering of the Mirage is quite lame! It's one feature I hate the most by far. It makes the handling of the car quite unpredictable at high speeds under windy conditions. I would take the simple rack & pinion steering of older subcompact cars over a Mirage's crappy soft electric power steering any day. The little extra effort needed while parking a non-power steering car is nothing compared to driving hours on end on the highway & battling the poor handling of the electric power steering. I did a 10-hour trip (20-hours round trip last week. I would like my Mirage 100 times better without power steering.

Once the small wheels of a small Mirage are rolling, power steering is so unnecessary. It's only really needed when turning your wheels while stationary. Creating a car with poor handling to overcome those brief moments is really too bad. This is one feature of the car that gets the criticism it deserves from car critics. Handling is not great at high speed, especially when windy.
    Agreed. I'm looking at going from Ohio to Tampa to see my son in June, and taking the Mirage. It's a solo trip, but dreading fighting the overly sensitive steering for 14 hours. I have other cars, but I'm curious to see just how little gas I can use. Flew down in February it wasn't bad, but ticket prices have doubled since then.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    It's a solo trip, but dreading fighting the overly sensitive steering for 14 hours. I have other cars, but I'm curious to see just how little gas I can use. Flew down in February it wasn't bad, but ticket prices have doubled since then.
    Just buy some 185/65/14 tires like me. they really make the power steering feel much heavier and the car feel safer. At least the illusion of safety.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh my goodness, no wonder yesterday I had an uneasy unrelaxing time handling my Mirage G4 while going slight up hill and tons of twisty turn for 2 hours EVEN within legal speed limit and was carrying my family of 3!

Guess I learned 2 thing to dislike the car now; poor ft of torque even in 3rd gear and poor handling.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Agreed. I'm looking at going from Ohio to Tampa to see my son in June, and taking the Mirage. It's a solo trip, but dreading fighting the overly sensitive steering for 14 hours. I have other cars, but I'm curious to see just how little gas I can use. Flew down in February it wasn't bad, but ticket prices have doubled since then.
    The whole crosswinds blowing you around is overblown in my opinion, I'm constantly doing 6 hours road trips and never felt unsafe. Hell we took the G4 up the sky bridge in Tampa, one of the most windy bridges in the world and it hardly shook at all. Sure, I had to keep a firmer grip than usual for a few minutes but that was it.

The bigger issue will be leg pain with our unsupportive sears. I can't recommend getting out and stretching every 3 or 4 hours enough. Cruise control really helps with preventing thigh pain too. You'll be fine, take the OG-4.