Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much fully loaded 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage Cost?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The whole crosswinds blowing you around is overblown in my opinion, I'm constantly doing 6 hours road trips and never felt unsafe. Hell we took the G4 up the sky bridge in Tampa, one of the most windy bridges in the world and it hardly shook at all. Sure, I had to keep a firmer grip than usual for a few minutes but that was it.

The bigger issue will be leg pain with our unsupportive sears. I can't recommend getting out and stretching every 3 or 4 hours enough. Cruise control really helps with preventing thigh pain too. You'll be fine, take the OG-4.

I'd stop off and see you in the ATL, but I don't want to get shot, lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I don't blame you. It's a jungle down here, between at risk teen youth playing at gangsta with high capacity firearms to road rage morons flashing their pistols at me out of their lifted Raptors (this happened last year to me lol). Atlanta cost of living is getting ridiculous too. Freaking Los Angeles of the south now with traffic and non stop filming for TV series.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I 2nd that motion! And if you were to stop, let us both know, I'll see if I can meet the both of ya!

I just took a trip up to my parents' house, which is now my sister's house. While there, I took my sons with my brother-in-law to the firing range. The boys did really well in there. I was impressed.

On this trip, seems like there was one instance where I truly didn't feel 100% safe (I can't fully recall the details but remember the feeling). But due to our newly signed constitutional carry law here in GA, at least I felt like I had a fighting chance if things had gotten nasty. I fired my .40 Glock at the firing range, the thing is a howitzer. I hope I never have to use it...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't blame you. It's a jungle down here, between at risk teen youth playing at gangsta with high capacity firearms to road rage morons flashing their pistols at me out of their lifted Raptors (this happened last year to me lol). Atlanta cost of living is getting ridiculous too. Freaking Los Angeles of the south now with traffic and non stop filming for TV series.

Highway shootings/road rage picking up in the Dayton/Cincinnati area as well. I used to spend alot of time in the Left lane; not anymore. Mostly right with occasional center. I've had my share of angry moments in the past, but it's not "lets duke it out" anymore, it's hand cannons. Not worth it. I drive like a stealth bomber to and from work. Draw no attention and stay off the radar of the crazies!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Highway shootings/road rage picking up in the Dayton/Cincinnati area as well. I used to spend alot of time in the Left lane; not anymore. Mostly right with occasional center. I've had my share of angry moments in the past, but it's not "lets duke it out" anymore, it's hand cannons. Not worth it. I drive like a stealth bomber to and from work. Draw no attention and stay off the radar of the crazies!
    I've never been a gun guy myself, except for studying antique pieces at auctions or museums. I'm not against them though, I believe less than a percent of the roughly 338 million firearms in this country have ever been fired at another human being either during a crime or in self defense. I just don't keep one in the house, my wife wouldn't have it.

One interesting study I heard about though was that the percentage of gun owners that end up killing themselves with their own gun is much, much higher than the likely hood of them stopping a home invasion. That's always freaked me out knowing that. To each their own though, I do keep a massive machete by my night stand, just in case. lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    One interesting study I heard about though was that the percentage of gun owners that end up killing themselves with their own gun is much, much higher than the likely hood of them stopping a home invasion. That's always freaked me out knowing that.
    I actually believe that. And it freaks me out too that I or my sons might shoot ourselves with one. I don't much like having it around either. But I'm more comfortable with it than without it. Firing mine though, the thing is absolutely brutal. Way overkill. I would feel like absolute crap if I ever had to fire it at someone. I would be very emotionally pissed off to have to pull that trigger, my life (or someone's) would have to be on the line. And even at that, I would be heartbroken to have to do it. The one I have is no joke, just too brutal. I think I'm going to get a much friendlier one. My wife has one that I feel is more sane than mine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-02-2022)

What a different place it is down there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (05-12-2022),Dirk Diggler (05-02-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I actually believe that. And it freaks me out too that I or my sons might shoot ourselves with one. I don't much like having it around either. But I'm more comfortable with it than without it. Firing mine though, the thing is absolutely brutal. Way overkill. I would feel like absolute crap if I ever had to fire it at someone. I would be very emotionally pissed off to have to pull that trigger, my life (or someone's) would have to be on the line. And even at that, I would be heartbroken to have to do it. The one I have is no joke, just too brutal. I think I'm going to get a much friendlier one. My wife has one that I feel is more sane than mine.
    Food for thought: the .22 caliber round kills more people in the US than all the other sizes combine.

My ex-army buddy only keeps 1 firearm in his home, a 20 gauge shotgun filled with birdshot. It'll kill fast up close and you don't have to worry about over penetration going thru the walls and hitting a loved one. Smart guy.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It is man, it really is. Disputes settled with fists is less and less common these days.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What is the process Fummy of owning say a hunting rifle in Alberta?