Thread: USB flash drive music

Country
    United States
    Thanks

USB flash drive music

I just bought my 3rd mirage so much love. When my stereo starts it says no usb but then loads and plays fine without fail. My 2019 did same is it the flash drive format or size of flash drive possibly..it works so no big problem but wondering why always says no usb..new one is 2022 is there anyway to delete the read owners manual warning at each startup
    Thanks all. Papa Mofo

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine does that too. But after 3 seconds the USB stick ends up reading and away I go with my tunes. For beginners just plop a bunch of mp3s in the main area of the usb drive. Once you get folders and albums like that gets a bit more finicky for some.

I have also gotten my old 30 gig iPod classic to run on my Mirage's stereo pretty simply with the iPod cord. And all my cellphones from Android 2.0 up have been readable in my Mirage. I think how your folders are arranged makes a huge difference.

I had a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe rental a few years ago and I had more trouble getting my usb stick to work. I wasn't used to that stereo of course.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think how your folders are arranged makes a huge difference.
    It does, as does how many folders and files you have on your USB device. I have a memory stick plugged into mine with about eight folders and 900 songs. Every time I start the car the screen says 'NO USB' for a few seconds, then says 'LOADING' for about 30 seconds before anything plays. The 'NO USB' message is simply displayed for the few seconds it takes the system to find the device you have connected.

Kind of annoying that this system needs to load 899 songs I am not playing before it will start the one already playing, but I guess I can't complain about the tech limitations on a super inexpensive car.

Did you know that if you have an ES you can use voice commands to play tracks from the USB/iPod/MP3 player? You can even create playlists by artist, title, or genre using voice commands. It's true! Been years since I did it, but it is possible.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-25-2022)

Welcome Papa Mofo! On your third Mirage??

You have to give us more details! How long did they last? Why are you going through them so fast? CVT or manual? Repairs/reliability?

Info from high mile commercial/delivery drivers is like gold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool 3rd Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome Papa Mofo! On your third Mirage??

You have to give us more details! How long did they last? Why are you going through them so fast? CVT or manual? Repairs/reliability?

Info from high mile commercial/delivery drivers is like gold.
    Not going thru them necessarily first was 2014 manual plasma purple 112,000 5 1/2 years. Got new 2019 cvt. Wine red RF 50,000 miles still had key I deliver pizzas so turning key bout 150 times a week. So just got 2022 wine red SE NO MORE KEY. All hatchback. No problem with any great cars just like having new car under warranty. And in case they quit making them this one can my till death do us part car if need be

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Papa Mofo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-25-2022)

Thanks for the ownership snapshot! Obviously happy with the product.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone know how to enter engineer mode 2021 radio?