Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum. Have exhaust manifold question

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget071577 View Post
    My manifold gasket was still the one that came on the car from the factory and it started leaking. When I removed the old gasket it was torched and definitely needed replaced.
    I guess that's my point. I would say 99.9% of everyone here still has the factory exhaust manifold gasket. It's not something that typically fails... I am pretty sure you are the first I can remember reading about on here. Maybe Metro or Daox will chime in, but I don't recall any.

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I guess that's my point. I would say 99.9% of everyone here still has the factory exhaust manifold gasket. It's not something that typically fails... I am pretty sure you are the first I can remember reading about on here. Maybe Metro or Daox will chime in, but I don't recall any.
    That may be the case however my car is driven around 220-300 miles per day. I use it for rideshare. Unfortunately it just happens to be my luck that I end with the car that breaks things that don't usually break. The exhaust manifold gasket is actually only rated to last approximately 100000 miles and I got 187000 miles out of it which is actually pretty decent.

Yeah, it's not common for the exhaust to leak on these turds. We have one with almost 300,000miles and it's fine. Have a bunch with 250-275,000miles and same thing. Luck of the draw.
    I wonder what lug nut lifespan is?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-29-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No clue about lug nut life span but I just had 14 inch custom wheels installed and my stock lug nuts are not compatible with them so I have brand new custom security lug nuts so they should be good to go for a while