Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Managua, Nicaragua

Country
    Nicaragua
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello from Managua, Nicaragua

Hi everyone,

Today I take delivery of my brand new Mitsubishi Mirage. I chose the blue color, as it is my favorite color. And I must say the car looks good in blue. Here in Nicaragua we only get manual tranny and no steering buttons at all. However, the radio unit is nice, we get a nice 6.9" touch screen unit. Overall I'm very satisfied with the vehicle. I looked at the Nissan March, Suzuki Celerio, Chevrolet Spark, and liked the Mirage better.
    Name:  Blue_Mirage.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  41.4 KB
    Name:  Blue_Mirage1.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  92.9 KB

Hello, NicaMirage!

Congrats on being the first member from Nicaragua (from all of Central America for that matter).

That is very interesting that only the 5MT is available to you. The only other country I knew of with one transmission choice was New Zealand (CVT only).

Looks like you get the nice 15 inch alloys, though. That's not an option here, up north (yet).

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Nicaragua
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hello, NicaMirage!

Congrats on being the first member from Nicaragua (from all of Central America for that matter).

That is very interesting that only the 5MT is available to you. The only other country I knew of with one transmission choice was New Zealand (CVT only).

Looks like you get the nice 15 inch alloys, though. That's not an option here, up north (yet).

Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I agree with you with regards to the transmission option. For some odd reason we don't have a choice. Very good perception on your part, we do get 15" alloy wheels as standard. I paid $15,500.00 US for mine, that is with everything tax, tag and title. No bad for a fun little car. I like the MPG, that was a huge bonus for me. Here in Nicaragua we pay an average $1.40 US per liter of petrol, so that comes to about $5.60 US for a gallon of gas. So the gas saving is a plus

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. That blue is a very nice color.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im jealous of those rims

Price seems reasonable, with everything included.

Quote Originally Posted by NicaMirage View Post
    Here in Nicaragua we pay an average $1.40 US per liter of petrol, so that comes to about $5.60 US for a gallon of gas. So the gas saving is a plus
    That's a bit more expensive than gas in Canada. But not as much as our European friends!

Did you have a car before this one, or is it your first?

I looked at the Nissan March, Suzuki Celerio, Chevrolet Spark, and liked the Mirage better.
    Nissan has just announced they're going to start selling the Micra (March) 1.6L in Canada this year. The shocking thing is the price: ~$2500 less than the MSRP price of the Mirage! I haven't tried a Micra/March yet. It won't be nearly as efficient, but $2500 will buy a lot of fuel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Nicaragua
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Price seems reasonable, with everything included.

That's a bit more expensive than gas in Canada. But not as much as our European friends!

Did you have a car before this one, or is it your first?

Nissan has just announced they're going to start selling the Micra (March) 1.6L in Canada this year. The shocking thing is the price: ~$2500 less than the MSRP price of the Mirage! I haven't tried a Micra/March yet. It won't be nearly as efficient, but $2500 will buy a lot of fuel.
    This is not my first car, I've had several cars before this one, I'm an old dude (40 yrs old). In the past I've driven Toyota Yaris, KIA Soul, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, and now this one. I must say this car, thus far, is in my top three. Wow, $2500 less for the Nissan March/Micra is nice, here in Nicaragua they are the same price as the Mirage, 15K range. This is mainly due to the lack of competition in Nicaragua.

To give you an example, and bear in mind this is countrywide, we only have two Toyota (Casa Pellas & Autonica) dealerships, two Hyundai dealerships (Excel & Dashon) and Grupo Q who manages Chevy, and Nissan Dealerships. Excel Automotriz manages Honda, Ford, Mitsubishi, VW, and Hyundai. So prices tend to me more expensive than that of the US and Canada. We also have some Indian, Russian and Chinese vehicles (Mahindra, Lada, Great Wall & Cherry) as well. The Chinese cars are a complete rip offs, they copy other cars, specially Cherry.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome.

Congrats on the purchase.

Honestly:
    1. I like the manual AC/Heater controls better than the electronic
    2. I should have spent the extra hundred or two on an entertainment system. Sure looks good.

Is the Mirage the least expensive car there? Or is that the Indian/Russian/Chinese cars?

Until they shocked us with the price of the 2015 Micra today, Mirage was almost tied as the least expensive with Chevy Spark and Nissan Versa sedan (maybe Tiida for you).

PS: how long has the Mirage been available in Nicaragua?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    sup Nica