Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over $50 to fill my Mirage

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What are you talking about? Who's been banned from the other side of the aisle?
    Why me of course Mark lol. Not out right banned but I've been admonished for responding in kind, to innuendo posted on here from our more conservative family members.

As far as actual bans I can't remember, I think I've been banned twice for memes. Something to do with an argument with Eggman I think? Speaking of which, what happened to our diligent moderator?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Sorry, who is Brandon???
    The idiot US President....
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Why me of course Mark lol. Not out right banned but I've been admonished for responding in kind, to innuendo posted on here from our more conservative family members.

As far as actual bans I can't remember, I think I've been banned twice for memes. Something to do with an argument with Eggman I think? Speaking of which, what happened to our diligent moderator?
    Sorry about that! Thanks for clarification.

I was thinking on a much larger scale where important individuals (not saying you're not important) have been banned from social media.

Since he no longer owns a Mirage, I think Eggman's life has taken a different direction.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    $50+ to fill the Mirage..........
    I was walking through the grocery store yesterday. As I passed the chip aisle, I spotted my favorite bag, and then I saw the price. $4. $4 for a bag of chips that I remember paying 35 cents for when I was a teenager.
    Kind of reminds me of when my Dad was left speechless at hearing what our house cost us, compared to what he paid for the 4 bedroom house I grew up in, bought in 1969.
    As I browse the forum threads, I still chuckle at comments like "I'd never pay more than $10k OTD for a Mirage". Beat-to-hell Mirages are going for more on the used market!
    Just like the price of chips, and homes, the days of sub $10k cars are far behind us.
    Same as the price of gas. The price is what it is, and we really don't have much of a choice other than to change our lifestyle, or continue to pi$$ and moan about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    I was walking through the grocery store yesterday. As I passed the chip aisle, I spotted my favorite bag, and then I saw the price. $4. $4 for a bag of chips that I remember paying 35 cents for when I was a teenager.
    Kind of reminds me of when my Dad was left speechless at hearing what our house cost us, compared to what he paid for the 4 bedroom house I grew up in, bought in 1969.
    As I browse the forum threads, I still chuckle at comments like "I'd never pay more than $10k OTD for a Mirage". Beat-to-hell Mirages are going for more on the used market!
    Just like the price of chips, and homes, the days of sub $10k cars are far behind us.
    Same as the price of gas. The price is what it is, and we really don't have much of a choice other than to change our lifestyle, or continue to pi$$ and moan about it.
    A brand new Mirage ES manual could have been had for under $11,000 OTD as recently as early 2021.

It's really all relative. My grandpa worked in the iron mines for 16 cents/hour at one time, too.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    I hear stories about when interest rates on mortgages were like 20%, same as a credit card, people were literally walking away.

I have been trying to drive less, and paying a lot of attention to my fuel gauge, where I wouldn't bother as much the past 8 years. Driving my Mirage, why worry about gas.

Everything really does seem more expensive at the grocery store, especially when you buy the same stuff every week then you can see the difference 6 months makes. I look for deals and I look for 50% off expires today, I have always been a penny pincher.

True that stores are paying more for delivery but I think the big wigs owning all the gas are laughing to the bank!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A brand new Mirage ES manual could have been had for under $11,000 OTD as recently as early 2021.

It's really all relative. My grandpa worked in the iron mines for 16 cents/hour at one time, too.
    You baby boomers lived a charmed existence, an epoch golden era of cheap homes, cars, and opportunities abound. I envy you all, even in your twilight years. This is what is facing our next generation....Name:  1647808531230.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  79.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You baby boomers lived a charmed existence, an epoch golden era of cheap homes, cars, and opportunities abound. I envy you all, even in your twilight years. This is what is facing our next generation....Name:  1647808531230.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  79.6 KB
    This is what you get when banks and one idiot US President can do in less than a year. The money needs to have intrinsic and stable value. That has been learned and re-learned for over three thousand years. Bankers have changed every economy to an indebted business. Brandon spitefully screwed with energy independence just to put Arab money in his pocket.
    This is what we get when the entire government is populated with crooks and pedophiles.
    Karl

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    This is what you get when banks and one idiot US President can do in less than a year. The money needs to have intrinsic and stable value. That has been learned and re-learned for over three thousand years. Bankers have changed every economy to an indebted business. Brandon spitefully screwed with energy independence just to put Arab money in his pocket.
    This is what we get when the entire government is populated with crooks and pedophiles.
    You're talking about a year. I'm talking about 44 years. After WW2, my grandfather after fighting in the Pacific, was able to get a stable, but not an incredibly high paying job, at a factory, like millions of Americans. He was able to afford a mortgage for a house, afford for his wife to not have to work, and easily was able to pay to have my father go to college. All on a factory line worker's salary, that adjusted for our current inflation, amounted to roughly $56k a year /2022 money.

My point is those days are gone. The door to the American dream has been slammed shut for millions. And I agree with you, that much of it has to do with greed and corruption from the top down.

My pop, when he's lucid and the vail of his dementia drops for a brief minute, told me something that chilled me to my bones last year. He said "When I was 26 I got a federal job at the CDC with nothing more than a BA in History. I got that job beating out 10 guys in the interview. Now, for you son, you'll have to beat out 100 guys in an interview. You're child will have to beat out a 1000."

10 billion human being projected growth by year 2100, not that far off in the grand scale of time really. Things are only going to get harder and harder, it doesn't matter whose President or King or Prime Minister or whatever.

You're speaking of a year, but what does your heart say about the world you're grandchildren will be adults in? What say you about 20 years? Or 50?

They say that great men of a great society, plant trees as old men, knowing that they will never live to sit in its shade, and yet they still plant that tree.

I worry we won't have such old men in the future.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You use toilet paper?
    They tell me in the Tundra they use the two-stick method that doesn't give them a chance to use paper.

The first stick is for leaning on, the other is to fend off wolves, so they say.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-09-2022)