Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Chicago

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GordosTacoShop View Post
    ...Apparently some sort of goop filled half of the heater core.
    That's what I was afraid of. You aren't the first one with this issue. Hopefully it was covered under warranty.

Thread: heat blows warm hot on drivers side only

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My friend has a 2010 Camaro 6 speed manual V6, and he put in a short shift himself. He tells me that the shifting has improved a lot.

My own 2014 Mirage 5 speed is geared for fuel economy 100%. So my custom upgrades would be for comfort and convenience. I would start with adding blue LED interior lights, and getting an authentic RF stereo with sub-woofer, and 6 speakers.

Go from there, or maybe pick up an R5 Mirage rally car's 1.4 turbo 4 engine, and plop it perfectly into my Mirage's engine bay, for a true wolf in sheep's clothing. I wonder if they sell just the engine? No AWD add on to my Mirage, just turbo onto my Mirage's FWD.. a handful to be sure.
    I would totally do the short throw myself, but I don't have a welder, and can't really do heavy fabrication here in the city anyway.
    Last year I had a contact in Sweden that worked with the team behind the R5 mirage but that never went anywhere. I think they wanted to keep business in northern Europe region only.
    I HAVE seen some crate 4b11s out in the wild, but is just as complicated as a 4g swap. I'd rather have the 4g given its widespread aftermarket and tuning support.
    I see you mention a 1.4l 4cyl. Which engine is that? The Buick joint venture they did? Is that a direct replacement for 6th gen Mirages? I thought R5 used the Evo X engines...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. You aren't the first one with this issue. Hopefully it was covered under warranty.

Thread: heat blows warm hot on drivers side only
    Yeah, it was covered. I bought this little beast used from CarMax and they repaired it in a couple days. They even loaned me a sweet ass Malibu that would smell like plastic fire anytime I got on the highway. They threw in the 5 year CarMax repair warranty for free to sell me the car. Said no one wanted an automatic mirage, much less a silver manual mirage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GordosTacoShop For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GordosTacoShop View Post
    I see you mention a 1.4l 4cyl. Which engine is that? The Buick joint venture they did? Is that a direct replacement for 6th gen Mirages? I thought R5 used the Evo X engines...
    R5 uses a 1.6 L Turbo 4 sorry. See: http://www.mitsubishir5.com/technical.html I'm getting the dimensions mixed up with my sister's new Equinox of all things lol.

All EVO's I-X use some sort of 2.0 L turbo. Kinda famously really. Well, just visiting the official R5 site, it turns out they're developing an Electric R5.. maybe that will trickle down to an eventual e-Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also, I'm sure you guys have caught on that I've owned MANY cars over the years. This is my first Mitsubishi though. Some were project cars, some were beaters, others were practical.
    My project cars in order I owned them:
    86 Camry 3sge
    89 Accord h22a
    90 Celica 5sfe
    90 mr2 5sgte (Frankensteins monster of 5sfe with 3sgte head)
    95 Corolla 3sgte awd
    97 Ford f150 4.6l 6-speed
    04 Sebring srt-4 (from a wrecked Calibur, the pick and pull had no idea what they had...)
    04 Accord hybrid with high output mods

I now have my 14 mirage and a 19 fit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    R5 uses a 1.6 L Turbo 4 sorry. See: http://www.mitsubishir5.com/technical.html I'm getting the dimensions mixed up with my sister's new Equinox of all things lol.

All EVO's I-X use some sort of 2.0 L turbo. Kinda famously really. Well, just visiting the official R5 site, it turns out they're developing an Electric R5.. maybe that will trickle down to an eventual e-Mirage.
    I got excited for a minute there. Yeah, the I-IX were 4g variants, but the X was a 4b11t. I remember a lot of backlash over that change.

I'd love an electric engine if they do it right. Probably for a pikes peak r5.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GordosTacoShop For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well anyway, surely a turbo under the hood of a Mirage would make a show at the stop light. Probably would do the quarter mile in 11 seconds.

*I did a bit more reading on the R5 website, take a look at this: "The R5 specification Mitsubishi features a 1620cc engine based on the Mitsubishi 4B11 engine from the Evolution X" - so it's like a smaller EVO engine?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well anyway, surely a turbo under the hood of a Mirage would make a show at the stop light. Probably would do the quarter mile in 11 seconds.
    I could see that. I had a friend with a turbo'd metro that was sitting at low 12s.
    Lol... We used to move his car to other parking spots or onto the sidewalk because it was so light.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

*I did a bit more reading on the R5 website, take a look at this: "The R5 specification Mitsubishi features a 1620cc engine based on the Mitsubishi 4B11 engine from the Evolution X" - so it's like a smaller EVO engine?
    I keep deleting my posts by accident. Sounds insane. That's some serious dedication there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GordosTacoShop For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Huh.. I wonder if they used components from the old turbo'd mirages from the 90s...
    This really has me intrigued.