Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the highest mile/km CVT owner please stand up?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I just went out to KBB and read some of the reviews (which are mostly positive).

You can tell that multiple people from this forum have posted reviews there. You only need to read a few sentences of some of the reviews and you will say to yourself "Hey...that's gotta be <fill in name here> from the mirageforum!"
    kbb.com reviews are positive overall. The customer ratings are usually higher than most of the top 10 selling vehicles they lists.

When I first considered the Mirage, kbb.com & cars.com reviews helped erase the negative professional car reviews for me. I said this before, but the Space Star reviews are more realistic.

The Mirage like any vehicle has its shortcomings, but it is surely affordable, reliable, and economical.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought my mirage brand new in summer of 2015, ES with the CVT. I currently am just shy of 140,000 miles, I’ve changed the serpentine belt once, battery twice, tires three times now, spark plugs changed once, CVT fluid changed three times so far, and oil changed roughly every 4000 miles. I’ve used it in the past for security patrol, pizza delivery, and door dash. I’ve idled the car for over 1000 hours ever since I’ve had it while at work sites that require me to sit in my car (security post/observation/stakeout) the car is best up to hell and smells like cigs, but I figure as long as I change the fluids regularly enough and keep her road legal, I’m good. I will let this forum know if my CVT goes out. If it lasts past 200k miles I’m getting a new mirage, since it’s basically the same but with a a facelift

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrAmerica1776 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-19-2020),Fummins (02-19-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    I bought my mirage brand new in summer of 2015, ES with the CVT. I currently am just shy of 140,000 miles, I’ve changed the serpentine belt once, battery twice, tires three times now, spark plugs changed once, CVT fluid changed three times so far, and oil changed roughly every 4000 miles. I’ve used it in the past for security patrol, pizza delivery, and door dash. I’ve idled the car for over 1000 hours ever since I’ve had it while at work sites that require me to sit in my car (security post/observation/stakeout) the car is best up to hell and smells like cigs, but I figure as long as I change the fluids regularly enough and keep her road legal, I’m good. I will let this forum know if my CVT goes out. If it lasts past 200k miles I’m getting a new mirage, since it’s basically the same but with a a facelift
    What are you staking out Kojack?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What are you staking out Kojack?
    Well now I’m actually doing ghost hunting, it’s really exciting. I travel and go explore purportedly haunted locations in my free time, it’s a fun hobby

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Well now I’m actually doing ghost hunting, it’s really exciting. I travel and go explore purportedly haunted locations in my free time, it’s a fun hobby
    Have you found any ghosts?

There's some Mirages here that could use your help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Here you go Dirk, no need to worry about cvt problems anymore! Attachment 17221 I wish I knew about this stuff sooner, all this time I'm blaming the input bearing for the failures I've seen....
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can you help find Carlos Ghosn? Asking for a friend.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-25-2020),Fummins (02-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here you go Dirk, no need to worry about cvt problems anymore! I wish I knew about this stuff sooner, all this time I'm blaming the input bearing for the failures I've seen....
    I looked it up the reviews on this product (Amazon). Not sure why, because I own a manual?

https://www.amazon.com/Bars-Leaks-Br...07DGY4B49?th=1

I sort of liked this review the best -

"Added this when I confirmed the check engine light on my Nissan Rogue was on due to my CVT transmission failure. Once I drove the car a few miles after adding this, the engine light went off!! I immediately went to the dealership and traded the car in and got a new Honda. Very happy customer!"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-25-2020),Fummins (02-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I'll leave the Scotty K joke out of this one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Bar's Leaks? Hopefully this stuff doesn't have the same chunky soup consistency that they made famous with their radiator stop leak.

Name:  cvt.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  87.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-25-2020),Fummins (02-25-2020),mohammad (10-29-2021)