Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage SE turns over but won't start. (115k mi.)

Quote Originally Posted by Netwerkjim View Post
    Oh one thing I forgot to mention, when the ignition is pushed to the on position before you put your foot on the brake and crank it I'm hearing this high pitched buzzing sound coming from the front of the engine area, that I never remember hearing before.

Thanks for your help. J.O.
    If the noise you're hearing is coming from the throttle body, it's normal. They make a weird buzzing noise when the ignition is in the run position and not running.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for your response, but if you reread my post you will see that my Mirage is cranking over but not starting and it is NOT GETTING SPARK to the Spark plugs and no Spark Pulse seen on my testing light when I checked the three wires that connect to the coil packs. There was a constant hot a ground but the one that's the pulse wire didn't flash off and on like a spark plug would is the Pulse coming from the PCM to the coil pack we're good.

Yeah we all figured that out eventually. There were some responses that made sense though..and may be worth a try. Reading is hard and a lot of us just skimmed through your post.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-21-2020 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Edit: I'm just gonna read your first post a few more times.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I'd post some schematics for a 2017 but I'm still waiting to see if he's got something plugged into the obd port. Aparently nobody can read today.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I do not have anything plugged into the ECM' reader port. The car was fitted 3 years ago with a GPS tracking device and a remote shut off device, which I removed the 2nd day after I bought the car. After 3 years of no big brother taking control of my car, I think they would have shut me off 2 years ago at least once if I didn't remove the device correctly but just to be sure I double checked and other than some wires that have been tapped into other wires under.the dash, there's nothing going to any kind of device. Still I looked incase one of those wires were grounding out causing no spark to the plug, so that has been eliminated from possible cause
    I also reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and touching them together and then turning the headlights on. For 1 hr. Didn't do a damn thing to make the car run again.
    Any low cost suggestions like under $150 to nail down the actual cause of this now 2 week nightmare that's called the Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Check for spark and fuel.
    (blank signature)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-22-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Chevy Spark owners......I see them everywhere now. Especially at 300lbs and leaving a Wal-Mart parking lot overflowing with Oreo double stuffed cookie packages.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-22-2020)

Come one now. I’d actually like to find out what’s going on not just make a post to add post cred. He/her/he-she/her-him/usestawasaguy/himgirl or whatever the op identifies as hasbalready checked for spark. Gosh can’t y’all read? * insert 017700 avatar here:*
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-22-2020 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Gotta stay non offensive
    Mirage videos:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Netwerkjim View Post
    Ran a code scan and two codes came up. P0069 that said something to do with MAP...
    Ummmm....did you try replacing that sensor the ECM told you is causing the problem? You know, the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor?

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...ensor-1865a248

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Ummmm....did you try replacing that sensor the ECM told you is causing the problem? You know, the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor?

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...ensor-1865a248

Good advice, but do bad MAP sensors typically cause no-starts?