Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armrest / Storage Center Console (non-Mitsubishi) for Mirage

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I just purchased this armrest too. How long did it take to get from China to you? You said it pops out easy? Thats important because both my fiance and myself own Mirages (mines 2014 hatch hers is 2017 G4 sedan) and it would be great to transfer it from my ride to hers for long roadtrips considering her G4 seats are more comfortable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I just purchased this armrest too. How long did it take to get from China to you? You said it pops out easy? Thats important because both my fiance and myself own Mirages (mines 2014 hatch hers is 2017 G4 sedan) and it would be great to transfer it from my ride to hers for long roadtrips considering her G4 seats are more comfortable.
    I had placed my order on Feb. 18 and received it on Feb. 27. I consider that pretty good, considering it shipped from China. Yes, it does pop out easily.

I really like the way it's made. It's fairly comfortable and definitely practical. I use the storage area daily for my sunglasses, tissue, documents. etc.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Fairly comfortable only? How tall are you? Weight? Im 6ft 240lbs. If your not comfortable answering that no worries.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fairly comfortable only? How tall are you? Weight? Im 6ft 240lbs. If your not comfortable answering that no worries.
    It's actually comfortable to me. It has just enough padding to make it comfortable, but I think the $140 Mitsubishi console might have more padding on top. I'll take this one any day, in comparison. I'm 6'2" 220 lbs. and tall in the torso. It's at a good height for me. I like that I can move it forward or backward to align the cushion better with my arm.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thank u for elaborating. This is well received news. Im hoping having an armrest can alleviate some of the pressure of my tailbone lumbar area.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank u for elaborating. This is well received news. Im hoping having an armrest can alleviate some of the pressure of my tailbone lumbar area.
    You're welcome. Hopefully, your console has a good cushion like mine.

I bought mine on Ebay (see link below). I chose mine for the cheaper price, straight stitching on top, larger cup holder, and the extra layer of storage (for documents or phone). I did not need the ability to rotate the top, like the one you had bought. I thought it was a great deal for $36. Mine actually had free shipping too. I am very pleased with my purchase. The console looks like it came with my car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mitsubi...gAAOSwmP9crVRw

Name:  Console.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  79.7 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello,
    . . . . I know that this was a year ago and the links are no good. Would this work in my 2019 Mirage ES? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Armrest-box....c100677.m4598
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Rich,

That one is similar to the one I had purchased. The base support however, above the round piece that inserts into the cup holder, looks smaller than the one I have. It may not be as stable or sturdy as mine.

Here is a link to the one I have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324082543956

Check to see if you have room in your car for the bigger base. If yes, then I recommend buying this one. Mine fits great and is very stable. The cushion is also pretty good in my opinion. If I didn't know better, I would think it was an OEM console.

Stay safe and healthy!
    Last edited by MirageSEFan; 04-04-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm looking to get one as well, deciding to get one with single or dual storage. Just curious, if you have the dual layer storage, do you like it better? It seems like a good idea but at the same time I feel like it can get a little annoying when there are many compartments.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    I'm looking to get one as well, deciding to get one with single or dual storage. Just curious, if you have the dual layer storage, do you like it better? It seems like a good idea but at the same time I feel like it can get a little annoying when there are many compartments.
    I have the dual layer storage. I find it convenient for holding my insurance and registration documents. I also keep a few bucks in there as an emergency stash for gas. That layer has a strong magnet to keep the top closed onto the middle shelf.

Whenever you open the top of the console, the shelf pulls up with it, only the lower storage area is revealed. If for any reason a crook gets access to your car, your documents are hidden out of sight if they go snooping around.

I like my console very much. The dual layer might be slightly higher as well. I have no complaints about it being too short to comfortably rest my arm.

It's been over one year and it still looks good and functions well. I highly recommend my console. Hopefully you will like it as much as I do. Good luck and stay safe.

Last edited by MirageSEFan; 07-10-2020 at 01:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-10-2020)