Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fanboys: New cars vs Old cars Toyota reliability

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    ..sorry if l sound irritated bc l am...l'm very stubborn but l try to see others point of view...l've just never met anyone that is as cocky and condescending as my "Toyota friend" from work...he literally goes out of his way to crap on everybody's day...l will end up switching to a different department soon if he persists...l enjoy freaking him out as he deserves it and he just can't keep his mouth shut...if he would say "glad you got the vehicle you wanted" and left me alone...great...but no...every day man...sick of it...
    Everyone is searching for the magical pond with the water that makes you live forever. Kinda where your weird coworker is going. In theory a great-working and reliable Toyota, when maintained regularly and driven properly, could last 1 million miles. So it goes for almost ANY car if it's looked after. I saw a few 2 year lease-return Mazdas at the Mitsu dealer, and they were pretty swiss cheese before the mold, rusted underneath. Real lookers though! Get that kind of car Krowned. or oil drip based spray to preserve these Japanese cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Everyone is searching for the magical pond with the water that makes you live forever. Kinda where your weird coworker is going. In theory a great-working and reliable Toyota, when maintained regularly and driven properly, could last 1 million miles. So it goes for almost ANY car if it's looked after. I saw a few 2 year lease-return Mazdas at the Mitsu dealer, and they were pretty swiss cheese before the mold, rusted underneath. Real lookers though! Get that kind of car Krowned. or oil drip based spray to preserve these Japanese cars.
    Thanks my friend...l will would be nice if l could keep up this "young complexion" forever...lol
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Too bad about your coworker. Sounds like there's lots of free time on hand at that job.

I wouldn't want to leave a job I like over a personality conflict.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Too bad about your coworker. Sounds like there's lots of free time on hand at that job.

I wouldn't want to leave a job I like over a personality conflict.
    Yeah, he has a lot of free time...he's a CNC machinist, and l'm talking with HR Monday...l just ignore him now. l'm not leaving my job where they pay for my schooling...that's foolish....it'll all work out

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Yeah, he has a lot of free time...he's a CNC machinist, and l'm talking with HR Monday...l just ignore him now. l'm not leaving my job where they pay for my schooling...that's foolish....it'll all work out
    If you truly ignored him, this thread wouldn't keep going.

Many people have a brand loyalty to vehicles. My 80 year old dad is one of those. I have never owned the brand my dad likes, & we still co-exist. I've never heard him question anything that I own. He's better about that than I am.

People who like different brands of vehicles can co-exist in the world. If this is a huge issue for someone, they should feel blessed that their life is so simple & easy. I sincerely mean that!
    Last edited by Mark; 08-01-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you truly ignored him, this thread wouldn't keep going.

Many people have a brand loyalty to vehicles. My 80 year old dad is one of those. I have never owned the brand my dad likes, & we still co-exist. I've never heard him question anything that I own. He's better about that than I am.

People who like different brands of vehicles can co-exist in the world. If this is a huge issue for someone, they should feel blessed that their life is so simple & easy. I sincerely mean that!
    Then let me hear what you would do in my situation: you try to ignore the guy but everyday he comes over to you and won't leave you alone...you go to HR but it doesn't stop, do you switch departments? Do you punch him in the nose?
    lf you think two different people can co-exist then you're mistaken...you haven't met my co-worker.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Then let me hear what you would do in my situation: you try to ignore the guy but everyday he comes over to you and won't leave you alone...you go to HR but it doesn't stop, do you switch departments? Do you punch him in the nose?
    lf you think two different people can co-exist then you're mistaken...you haven't met my co-worker.
    I went back & re-read your post (#50 in this thread). You seem to devote a lot of time & energy to all this. I'm sure this co-worker feeds off that. Just an observation.

If someone loves Toyota, Honda, or some other brand, I don't lose sleep over that. Why would I care what someone else thinks about a car brand?

I don't think this co-worker would bother me in the least. I'm not saying that I would become his best friend.

If his conversations warrant talking to HR on Monday, I am not speaking against that. No one should be harassed in the workplace. People with strong opinions are hard to be around, & that goes beyond cars. I do sympathize about that. I hope this works out for you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Hey MirageRally how's this going? I hope things are better one way or another.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey MirageRally how's this going? I hope things are better one way or another.
    Like Mark said "my friend feeds off my emotion". Doing much better-l consider my friend at work more of a Role model/Authority figure...when you get past his "ruff exterior"...he is just really concerned bc of all the previous cars l had didn't last and caused lots of problems for me....l told him next car will be a scion tc or maybe even rav4 if l can save enough...he's also been extremely helpful with my mods...and he's happy to help me with anything l plan to do with this car Like family...bc l consider him family we annoy each other a bit...but all in good fun...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Like Mark said "my friend feeds off my emotion". Doing much better-l consider my friend at work more of a Role model/Authority figure...when you get past his "ruff exterior"...he is just really concerned bc of all the previous cars l had didn't last and caused lots of problems for me....l told him next car will be a scion tc or maybe even rav4 if l can save enough...he's also been extremely helpful with my mods...and he's happy to help me with anything l plan to do with this car Like family...bc l consider him family we annoy each other a bit...but all in good fun...
    Sometimes, the people who annoy us the most are those who are most like us.

Speaking for myself at least.

Glad that situation is better for you!