Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I see this everyday at the rehab facility I work at with many patients come out clean and still have most doors shut to them because of past mistakes, particularly in employment.
    What the relapse rate?

I say this in the sense that for some users medicine isn't enough incentive to stay clean.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That being said, this topic probably doesn't belong here on this forum and there are many other places that would better suit the discussion. It's best if we keep our discussion here focused on our favorite little car and wrap this thread up. Any objections?
    Other topics within the Mirage forum don't bother me as long as members keep their comments somewhat clean & respectful.

I don't see how this topic is all that different than the one started on beer? A discussion on one's favorite beer doesn't have a lot to do with owning or driving a Mirage either.

If anything, I think the recent beer thread may have sparked this one maybe?

Neither topic probably adds a lot to the Mirage discussion. Just my observation. No judgment or strong opinion on the matter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's in "the lounge" section of the forum. I'd say anything goes as long as the discussion remains civil.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    It's in "the lounge" section of the forum. I'd say anything goes as long as the discussion remains civil.
    I can think of at least a few topics that seem to make civil conversation become an insurmountable mountain. Alcohol is definitely the most destructive drug that is widely used, and it's a double standard to have a beer thread and not a weed thread. Things change, but alcohol is the one people should be worried about. Same with smoking tobacco. There is a thread I want nothing to do with these days lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As long as the thread is up-front about its topic, in the appropriate part of the forum, and people are being civil.

If it's topic-drift, then a moderator should step in and split the topic with an appropriate new thread subject.

If it's in the wrong part of the forum, a moderator should move it.

If people aren't being civil, a moderator should either delete posts, ban people, or close the topic as-required.

In this case... seems civil. And if anybody doesn't want to read it, they don't have to. (it's not been dumped into a topic that "should be" about something else)

This is why the forum HAS a "lounge" section, right?
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    What the relapse rate?

I say this in the sense that for some users medicine isn't enough incentive to stay clean.
    Recidivism rate varies widely, dependant on the patient, the drug, and level of treatment they get. More money equals more treatment, less money equals prison.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Other topics within the Mirage forum don't bother me as long as members keep their comments somewhat clean & respectful.

I don't see how this topic is all that different than the one started on beer? A discussion on one's favorite beer doesn't have a lot to do with owning or driving a Mirage either.

If anything, I think the recent beer thread may have sparked this one maybe?

Neither topic probably adds a lot to the Mirage discussion. Just my observation. No judgment or strong opinion on the matter.
    The beer thread has its origins in a post by dspace9 that I thought would make a good thread of its own. I never expected it would be used to start a thread on marijuana. I don’t care for illegal drugs and marijuana is still illegal in most states, much less controversial. It is not the innocent drug some like to make it out to seem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The beer thread has its origins in a post by dspace9 that I thought would make a good thread of its own. I never expected it would be used to start a thread on marijuana. I don’t care for illegal drugs and marijuana is still illegal in most states, much less controversial. It is not the innocent drug some like to make it out to seem.
    In most cases, drinking alcohol is not life-threatening. However, when people consume too much alcohol, it can be fatal. The CDC reports that nearly 88,000 alcohol-related deaths occur each year. And binge drinking accounted for about half of these deaths.

In comparison, the number of deaths caused by marijuana is almost zero. A study found that a fatal dose of TCH, the potent chemical in marijuana, would be between 15 and 70 grams. To give you an idea of how much marijuana that is, consider that a typical joint contains about half a gram of marijuana. That means that you would have to smoke between 238 and 1,113 joints in a day to overdose on marijuana. That’s a lot of joints.

Eggman you strike me as a logical person, just look at the numbers brother.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I think we can all agree though that clean living without pot or alcohol is the only stance that truly has the moral highground. Mark I really appreciated what you wrote, I'm going to cut back I think. As for alcohol, I do miss it sometimes, but for me, it was critical I stopped drinking years ago, besides an occasional glass of wine, as it was effecting my GI health badly. With that said, I thank you all for your input both for and against. I don't converse with you all because we have to agree on everything. I converse with you all because all the minds on here are profound and full of good wisdom. The amount I've learned about cars, life, locations, has been priceless. Hats off to you all truly, especially the wizards council. You know who you are lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is a real tough cookie because I can see how this topic can be a problem for someone who has a problem. Or who has seen a family member's life unravel out of control because of drugs.

But this is 2020, and the global view on marijuana is a lot more chill nowadays I think. For example I travelled out west last year, and the theme of the trip was definitely how weed is legal now. The new rules at the airport, and the new rules at the Fairmont resort. Personally I didn't "bring any" with me, but now there are places to toke right at high-end hotels, and rules to follow at the airport.

Really shows where we are in some places in the world.

I also like the idea of casual beer and pot use, when done responsibly, is fine.

So who knows. I think we have had a healthy discussion. I have been trying to change the subject to baseball.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)