Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to enable "Ds" mode (Downshift) for Attrage 2017?

Looks the same as a 2017-2020 shifter we have in North America. 2014 and 2015 models here only have d and b.

Anyways...I assume you’ll have to replace the shifter assembly. The transmissions are the same whether the have ds position or not. when shifted to ds position it doesn’t move the shifter cable and doesn’t move the switch on the transmission. It must hit a micro switch or something on the shifter inside the car. The schematic you posted above is irrelevant.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Does the Mirage have a separate CVT transmission controller? Would this change require a new transmission controller, or at least a reprogrammed transmission controller?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Does the Mirage have a separate CVT transmission controller? Would this change require a new transmission controller, or at least a reprogrammed transmission controller?
    I think they may have a separate cvt computer. Whether they're different or not I don't know. For wiring, the shifter on the transmission is no different. The wiring at the shifter would be. One would need to compare schematics. I posted wiring diagrams for a 2017 around here somewhere. I'll try to look for them.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Okay here https://mirageforum.com/forum/attach...8&d=1579892723

It looks like the ds switch on the shifter takes a wire from the transmission module and just grounds it out to engage "ds gear". I guess you don't need the actual shifter, you could just use a toggle switch or even a momentary button if you wanted to. I'd use the shifter with the ds position though. I hate horky toggle switches and crap all over the place. As far as programming, I have no idea?
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Vietnam
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Okay here https://mirageforum.com/forum/attach...8&d=1579892723

It looks like the ds switch on the shifter takes a wire from the transmission module and just grounds it out to engage "ds gear". I guess you don't need the actual shifter, you could just use a toggle switch or even a momentary button if you wanted to. I'd use the shifter with the ds position though. I hate horky toggle switches and crap all over the place. As far as programming, I have no idea?
    You are correct, we just need to wire from ECU, and a toggle switch to enable this mode. We can modify current shifter or we can buy new shifter but it's not cheap. But the ECU need to support this mode first, so i bought a new one to replace existing one in my car
    Last edited by Jack London; 11-13-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack London View Post
    You are correct, we just need to wire from ECU, and a toggle switch to enable this mode. We can modify current shifter or we can buy new shifter but it's not cheap. But the ECU need to support this mode first, so i bought a new one to replace existing one in my car
    Please let us know how this ECU replacement goes. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I won't be trying this with my car but I am curious to see how this goes though. Especially the ecm swap and/or programming part.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    I will let you guys know the result

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    I was able to enable Ds mode with the new ECU. I am trying to find the genuine ECU jack cos for the Ds pin but no luck now.

My target is to control Ds by using paddle shifters
    Name:  126204197_1239168909788155_3553940216914496611_n.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  82.8 KB
    Last edited by Jack London; 11-22-2020 at 08:08 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack London For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-29-2021)

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    Could you share the information about this. How you can write the Ds mode in new ECU, which function in site the software that we need to activate?
    Beside of, you using the toggle button/switch for selected between the D & Ds mode, doesn't it?