Page 121 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

mirrors

I see a few knees jerked as a result of my trailer photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    . . . . I know that it is illegal to drive a vehicle with no left hand rear view mirror in every state.
    Are you sure about that? https://ecomodder.com/wiki/Mirror_Laws_by_State_(U.S.)

Thank goodness I live in the Freedom-Loving North, where we avoid the tyranny of the Side Mirror Industrial Complex!

(gentle sarcasm?)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    MetroMPG: not sure if driving an automobile without *at least* a driver's side mirror is legal in the Province of Ontario.
    Check the Ontario Hightway Traffic Act, 66 (1)(b).

https://ecomodder.com/wiki/Mirror_La...vince_(Canada)

----

For clarification:

1) The view through the rear view mirror wasn't totally blocked. I could make out a car behind me through the forest, more or less.

2) I intentionally took the pic from that angle to make the trailer + load look gigantic compared to the car.

3) There was an assumption that I have NO side mirrors - but I've got wide-angle mirrors on both doors, inside the glass by the base of the A pillars. I should get a pic to show this.

The only thing I sometimes miss is being able to see the side of the car in those rare times I'm reversing in an extremely tight spot. An inside-mounted mirror obviously can't show this. So I stick my head out the window (driver's side) and/or employ fervent prayer (passenger side).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB201 View Post
    I ordered some orange vinyl from Aliexpress, and wanted to wrap the silver part around the switch panels, just to get some color in the car.
    I tried wrapping them while the switch panels were on the steering wheel, sounds good, doesn't work.
    Eventually I found tytotheler92s post about adding cruise control to his car, but it explained exactly how to take the steering wheel apart so I could wrap them out of the car. So I took apart the steering wheel last night, disconnected the battery first since I didn't feel confortable hitting it with a screwdriver for the airbag to come out(I tried getting the switch panels out without removing the airbag, but it just wouldn't work (and my neighbours probably aren't happy since my horn went of a couple of times).
    Then I spent an hour or two wrapping (first time doing it ever) and I am really happy with the result!

Attachment 19874
    This makes me want to remove and wrap ALL THE DANG PIANO BLACK because it scratches way too easy

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Thank goodness I live in the Freedom-Loving North, where we avoid the tyranny of the Side Mirror Industrial Complex!

(gentle sarcasm?)

----

For clarification:

1) The view through the rear view mirror wasn't totally blocked. I could make out a car behind me through the forest, more or less.

2) I intentionally took the pic from that angle to make the trailer + load look gigantic compared to the car.

3) There was an assumption that I have NO side mirrors - but I've got wide-angle mirrors on both doors, inside the glass by the base of the A pillars. I should get a pic to show this.

The only thing I sometimes miss is being able to see the side of the car in those rare times I'm reversing in an extremely tight spot. An inside-mounted mirror obviously can't show this. So I stick my head out the window (driver's side) and/or employ fervent prayer (passenger side).
    Yea you need at least a rear view mirror. Your homemade spoiler likely blocks your rearview mirror enough to make your car technically illegal.

I don't care to be right or wrong, I just don't want anyone running over a stroller.

Just because it's legal to drive a motorcycle without a helmet in Michigan, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Not sure why it's okay to push safety to the ultimate low standard?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

(gentle sarcasm?)

----

For clarification:

No nagging from me my friend, I was just admiring your bravery/huge ballz. Post the mirror set up would you?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Post the mirror set up would you?
    He did - some time ago:

Here's on a loaner:
    Mirage aero mods for better fuel economy: 4.5% improvement @ 90 km/h / 56 mph

Tim & Darin discussion on developing a blanking plate:
    Developing: Exterior mirror blank / delete plate 3d printed

Garage entry with modification:
    Fancy Metro (Mirage #1) :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (Garage entry)
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-23-2020 at 09:17 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-23-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thank you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thank you!
    Wouldn't it be funny if all Mirage Forum members removed their side-view mirrors? Would make it easy to spot us all on the road haha.

What could go wrong?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-27-2020),MirageRally (11-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    we would all end up like bumper cars
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wouldn't it be funny if all Mirage Forum members removed their side-view mirrors? Would make it easy to spot us all on the road haha.

What could go wrong?
    Kinda gross how cavalier an attitude you have toward safety.

For what, saving a smidgen on gas? I'd rather arrive safe. Like masks, it's about protecting others.

This is like the 4 x 4 monster truck attitude, shrunken.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Kinda gross how cavalier an attitude you have toward safety.

For what, saving a smidgen on gas? I'd rather arrive safe. Like masks, it's about protecting others.

This is like the 4 x 4 monster truck attitude, shrunken.
    Hey dspace9 I get where you are coming from - I don't disagree with you. Sorry if I set you off.

I also remember when cars didn't have passenger side view mirrors. You might find it curious to know that my first Mitusbishi was like this - a 1976 Dodge Colt Estate wagon, also a five speed. I spoke about it briefly in my introductory post years ago:

Forgive me for not properly introducing myself and why I joined. My experience with this line of car goes back to it's rear-wheel drive configuration - the second generation if I understand correctly.

In 1983, I pieced together a 1976 Dodge Colt station wagon. The previous owner neglected the oil changes, and sold it to me with a seized engine. The body was a bit rough, but usable. It was blue with woodgrain.

For a parts car I bought a Plymouth Arrow whose strut towers had rusted out. The Arrow cost more than the Colt. I pulled the 2000cc engine out of the Colt and put in the 1600cc engine from the Arrow, and I had my first car. Fun times and freedom. I put a lot of interstate miles on it before I sold it out of fear that it's strut towers were about to rust out.
    Getting a passenger side view mirror was a luxury!

Maybe you didn't pick up on my bit of irony and humor? If so, I apologize.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-24-2020)