Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car & Driver review of '21 Mirages from yesterday

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh man... I made the mistake of searching Mitsus inventory to see if any dealers close to me had a 2021 so I could go take a look in person, and I found a 2020 5MT ES with Cruise and the big screen for a really decent price and I am having a crisis... LOL

If they would do me right on trading this CVT I have regretted since the day I got it... hmmmmm

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Oh man... I made the mistake of searching Mitsus inventory to see if any dealers close to me had a 2021 so I could go take a look in person, and I found a 2020 5MT ES with Cruise and the big screen for a really decent price and I am having a crisis... LOL

If they would do me right on trading this CVT I have regretted since the day I got it... hmmmmm
    Even if you sell yours you should still be eligible for a loyalty discount.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Seems like most of you would be happy with the "Mirage: ****BOX" edition.

No ac, roll up windows, no spare tire, hub caps with no centers, forget the stereo too. Maybe not even color matching the mirrors or bumpers.
    I always like to have a spare tire, but I can live with my non-colour matching door handles, and I can live with the no AC in my Mirage.

The roll-downs in the back are annoying at times. If one rear window is rolled down, you can't just roll it up. And I have extremely long arms. And the air pressure gets all wonky when only one window is down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I believe they made ac standard a year in 2020?(in Canada) when auto climate controls also became standard. I just looked on the Mitsu canada site and there still isn't any mention of the fancy looking 2021 Mirage.
    I'm not sure, but I'm not at all surprised they made AC standard across all Mirages. I'm trying to think of any car that is for sale new in Canada, that does not have AC. Spark maybe?

The mistake I did was bought a new, no-AC Mirage and then bought the dark grey paint. So I just get baked in the summer sun.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I'm not at all surprised they made AC standard across all Mirages. I'm trying to think of any car that is for sale new in Canada, that does not have AC. Spark maybe?

The mistake I did was bought a new, no-AC Mirage and then bought the dark grey paint. So I just get baked in the summer sun.
    I could probably get away without ac in the summer but it sure helps in the winter. When I took a work Mirage an hour out of town one time in the cold, the windows would fog up pretty quick with the ac off, unless I cranked the heat to uncomfortably high.

I think ac is still optional on the spark and maybe the accent. Probably the rio too?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Kia's are way better than the first generation Kia's. My sister had one of the first ones, 2000 or 20001 maybe, with an automatic and it was a slow car. But then her 2006 Kia Rio ? was really nice and nimble but she traded it in. Not sure why.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Seems like most of you would be happy with the "Mirage: ****BOX" edition.

No ac, roll up windows, no spare tire, hub caps with no centers, forget the stereo too. Maybe not even color matching the mirrors or bumpers.
    Nope! I love my decked-out Speck, a 2015 ES. With a standard transmission to boot. Can't do that anymore.

Can't speak for everyone else of course lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Nope! I love my decked-out Speck, a 2015 ES. With a standard transmission to boot. Can't do that anymore.

Outside of alloy wheels & push button start what other features are missing on a current 2021 ES manual?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

I mean me and you are the same. Our 17 se is manual but we choose to find one that had as many options as possible. Fog lights, leather steering wheel and shifter, rims, push button and keyless entry etc. Im adding in the GT head lights and making a write up for everyone on how to do it without it being a pain in the ass. Also will be adding those heated seats soon enough. My only grip is that mirage has no standard sunroof option. We constantly use our sunroofs on every other car we have.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Outside of alloy wheels & push button start what other features are missing on a current 2021 ES manual?
    Well, a few things. Leather wrapped wheel and shifter, fog lights, turn signal repeaters on the side mirrors, chrome cluster garnish, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm exhausted this morning...

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...