Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage are here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So if you want cruise control and/or a color other than white or grey you have to fork out at least $17,158(cad) for the SE model. If you want fog lights or heated seats that'll cost you $20,158 for the GT racecar edition.
    The GT is so expensive because race car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

But for realzies. I like features. I wouldn't want roll up windows and doors that I have to unlock by sticking a key in a door. I don't have time for that!

If I were looking at a new little car right meow I'd consider a Yaris. The top trim price is similar to the GT mirage but the MT Yaris is $17,xxx. Though the 6speed 3 pedal yaris does have features that the 5spd Mirage doesn't have, 4 power windows, cruise, fancy seat, push button start with proximity key, just over 100hp and only weighs about 300lbs more than a Mirage. It probably goes like an ape that had non-consensual things happen to it compared to the Mirage but probably costs a little more for fuel and tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    The GT is so expensive because race car.
    For sure! I'd love to see the look of disappointment when someone buys one thinking gt=race car lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2016 Versa (01-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Not always talking to the same crowd in my mind. You can always skip my posts if you like. It wouldn't hurt my feelings!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For sure! I'd love to see the look of disappointment when someone buys one thinking gt=race car lol.
    That's discussion happened a few years ago when we first got the GT Mirage. Critics made fun of the GT label.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's discussion happened a few years ago when we first got the GT Mirage. Critics made fun of the GT label.
    Yeah you're probably right. You should have posted this as a rebuttal, mAttachment 20453emes are fun

Yaris!? Didn't Toyota can it? I think they did. Maybe they're still unloading new leftovers?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (01-22-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yaris!? Didn't Toyota can it? I think they did. Maybe they're still unloading new leftovers?
    The Yaris is no longer listed on the Toyota site here. Honda still lists their 2020 Fit, but there won't be a 2021.

If the 130 hp Honda Fit LX 5-speed manuals were selling for $9,000 (under $11,500 Canadian) brand new, I would have have bought one instead of a Mirage. The appeal of the Mirage for me was its pricing, but keep in mind I only paid 2/3 window sticker to be impressed.

When you test drive a Mirage, you ask yourself if this is something I can live with? I don't think anyone is blown away by the performance of a Mirage during a test drive. The car sorts of grows on you (3-cylinder charm) over time. I can surely understand why someone would prefer something more substantial. For those who own multiple vehicles, however, the Mirage is a great daily driver. If your transportation needs are simple, it has that covered, too.

Unlike the Canadian market, our base Mirage has always had A/C, power windows (all 4), & remote power locks. Even though cruise can be added to most any car, cruise becoming standard in 2019+ has been nice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sure would like to give that GR Yaris a good wringing out... man what a car.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Yaris is no longer listed on the Toyota site here. Honda still lists their 2020 Fit, but there won't be a 2021.

If the 130 hp Honda Fit LX 5-speed manuals were selling for $9,000 (under $11,500 Canadian) brand new, I would have have bought one instead of a Mirage. The appeal of the Mirage for me was its pricing, but keep in mind I only paid 2/3 window sticker to be impressed.

When you test drive a Mirage, you ask yourself if this is something I can live with? I don't think anyone is blown away by the performance of a Mirage during a test drive. The car sorts of grows on you (3-cylinder charm) over time. I can surely understand why someone would prefer something more substantial. For those who own multiple vehicles, however, the Mirage is a great daily driver. If your transportation needs are simple, it has that covered, too.

Unlike the Canadian market, our base Mirage has always had A/C, power windows (all 4), & remote power locks. Even though cruise can be added to most any car, cruise becoming standard in 2019+ has been nice.
    It seems we're a little behind the times up here as far as new car releases go. Here's the 2020 yaris, still on toyota.ca. I wonder why there is an extra delivery charge if you live outside of quebec.. https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehi...hback/overview