Thread: G-sizzle :: 2018 Mitsubishi G4 Sedan (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    G-sizzle
    Mitsubishi
    G4 Sedan
    black
    CVT

Details

Vision Rims with Federal Super Steels

Comments: 6 / Views: 3186
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I got the same Vision Cross wheels in gunmetal gray for $67. I wanted want you got, the black ones but didn't want to cough up $100 a wheel. They look real good. I put 175 65 r14 tires on mine. MPG took a hit but I almost got side swiped 2 days ago and had to swerve hard and fast to the left. The grip was superb in stopping my car on wet asphalt.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Azariah747 (04-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I got the same Vision Cross wheels in gunmetal gray for $67. I wanted want you got, the black ones but didn't want to cough up $100 a wheel. They look real good. I put 175 65 r14 tires on mine. MPG took a hit but I almost got side swiped 2 days ago and had to swerve hard and fast to the left. The grip was superb in stopping my car on wet asphalt.
    yeah i only paid $360USD for my set. that was a really good price. the rubbers i got for 50USD a pop. so far they seem to be holding up just as good as the dunlops that came on it. MPG seems the same as before

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azariah747 View Post
    yeah i only paid $360USD for my set. that was a really good price. the rubbers i got for 50USD a pop. so far they seem to be holding up just as good as the dunlops that came on it. MPG seems the same as before
    What size tires and brand? My mpg took a hit but I drive fast and I'm always around 3k rpms. I'm avg 30 mpg right now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What size tires and brand? My mpg took a hit but I drive fast and I'm always around 3k rpms. I'm avg 30 mpg right now.
    they are Federal Super Steel Tires. they sell them on Amazon here in the US. Im sure the are made in like Vietnam or somewhere close. they seem to be wearing pretty nicely for me. i put high mileage on and turn a lot, with tons of pot holes everywhere. they seem to be holding up nicely. im projecting them to last at least 32,000 miles my dunlops went till 37,000

im also getting 38 city MPG

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azariah747 View Post
    they are Federal Super Steel Tires. they sell them on Amazon here in the US. Im sure the are made in like Vietnam or somewhere close. they seem to be wearing pretty nicely for me. i put high mileage on and turn a lot, with tons of pot holes everywhere. they seem to be holding up nicely. im projecting them to last at least 32,000 miles my dunlops went till 37,000

im also getting 38 city MPG
    Federal tires come up in Mirage discussions, because they sell a 165/65r14 tire in the States.

The Federal SS657 tire is made in Taiwan.

Walmart.com, simpletire.com, & tires-easy.com also seem to carry the 165/65-14 Federal SS657 tires year round.

A 165/65r14 Federal SS657 tire can be found for about 1/3 cost of a Dunlop Enasave. I feel they wear down about the same. I currently have a worn down pair of both on my Mirage. This will be their last summer of use.

My last fill up was near 48 mpg.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I'm on my second set of Federal's which are about due for replacement. I've found I get about 40-50k out of them. They are far superior in wet weather than the OEM Enasaves which I found to be pretty terrifying in wet weather (especially here on the very wet Oregon Coast) and much quieter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)