Page 160 of 271 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

I had a burnt out headlight weeks ago in the car. I had someone tell me about it about once a day for a week or so. I could care less, it's daylight when I drive anywhere. Besides I don't want to dump any money I don't have to into this thing. I bought it to not spend money...
    I remembered Tyrel threw in a set of almost orange Hella fog light looking headlights for the car. They look obnoxiously bright and yellow but they're not burnt out... The wife hasn't gotten pulled over yet lol.

I'll have to post a pic one day. The one side looks so bad, I tried to sand some scratches from the one headlight and clearcoat it. The clear coat reacted with something and it's all bubbled.
    Don't do what donny don't does...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    How did anyone make any money with a cost of $18 and delivery of $15? Well ... the delivery guy made a few bucks.
    I don't know. I signed up for Roadie! I live in the middle of nowhere but may pick up some deliveries on my commute.

I'm thinking between speed perks and gas buddy discount, if I plan ahead I can get some pretty good savings with advanced auto and delivered to my house!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Besides I don't want to dump any money I don't have to into this thing. I bought it to not spend money...
    I must admit this made me chuckle. You bought a Mirage knowing it had past CVT issues. You always made it sound like replacing the CVT is no big deal

A halogen headlight is $8.75 @ WalMart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I must admit this made me chuckle. You bought a Mirage knowing it had past CVT issues. You always made it sound like replacing the CVT is no big deal

A halogen headlight is $8.75 @ WalMart.
    I guess when you put it that way....Since I bought this car I figured I'd need to replace the cvt so back in February I ordered a lift to make it easier to replace(still haven't received it btw, maybe August or Sept).

To work comfortably in my garage I'd have to get my side by side out of there. I'd probably be stolen after a few nights of sitting in the driveway.
    I was gonna just build a gate to get into my side yard but I'd have to re-route my eaves drain pipe. It'd be a pita. I don't want to leave a $20k machine outside in the yard and don't want to pay $10 for each 2x4 to build a shed... So I did the sensible thing and bought a shed on wheels (toy hauler). So now I'll be set kinda. Providing the cvt hold up til later this summer. And I can find a cvt on the cheap.

So now in a round a bout sorta way I'll have about $26k in misc stuff so that I can comfortably/conveniently replace the transmission in my $1000 car if/when it blows up. This kinda leads back to why I don't want to blow money on my "cheap" car, I owe a bit of money now and want to get it paid off sooner than later!

Replacing the cvt isn't a big deal. I'd rather do it with the car in the air though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (06-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess when you put it that way....Since I bought this car I figured I'd need to replace the cvt so back in February I ordered a lift to make it easier to replace(still haven't received it btw, maybe August or Sept).

To work comfortably in my garage I'd have to get my side by side out of there. I'd probably be stolen after a few nights of sitting in the driveway.
    I was gonna just build a gate to get into my side yard but I'd have to re-route my eaves drain pipe. It'd be a pita. I don't want to leave a $20k machine outside in the yard and don't want to pay $10 for each 2x4 to build a shed... So I did the sensible thing and bought a shed on wheels (toy hauler). So now I'll be set kinda. Providing the cvt hold up til later this summer. And I can find a cvt on the cheap.

So now in a round a bout sorta way I'll have about $26k in misc stuff so that I can comfortably/conveniently replace the transmission in my $1000 car if/when it blows up. This kinda leads back to why I don't want to blow money on my "cheap" car, I owe a bit of money now and want to get it paid off sooner than later!

Replacing the cvt isn't a big deal. I'd rather do it with the car in the air though.
    I don't know? I think you just made a $8.75 halogen headlight look like even a better deal! Then again, I haven't been following halogen headlight prices in Canada. Replacing one there may be more of a hardship!

I bought the cheapest Sylvania & Phillips headlights two years ago. I thought I would add headlight testing to my 165/65r14 tire testing.

When one of the factor headlights go out, I was going to change both at the same time. That way I can see which brand may last longer. The factory bulbs are past 4 year old now. At this current rate, I may be able to share my final results in another 5-6 years. I hope everyone can wait that long!

Lightbulb Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know? I think you just made a $8.75 halogen headlight look like even a better deal! Then again, I haven't been following halogen headlight prices in Canada. Replacing one there may be more of a hardship!

I bought the cheapest Sylvania & Phillips headlights two years ago. I thought I would add headlight testing to my 165/65r14 tire testing.

When one of the factor headlights go out, I was going to change both at the same time. That way I can see which brand may last longer. The factory bulbs are past 4 year old now. At this current rate, I may be able to share my final results in another 5-6 years. I hope everyone can wait that long!
    I had a burnt out bulb so I installed two used working bulbs that I already had. Free is good.

With the money I saved by not buying a new bulb I'll be able to put towards diesel next week. That should get me about 20 miles or almost 6 beer. Money well saved if you ask me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a burnt out bulb so I installed two used working bulbs that I already had. Free is good.

With the money I saved by not buying a new bulb I'll be able to put towards diesel next week. That should get me about 20 miles or almost 6 beer. Money well saved if you ask me.
    If you could stash a CVT at work somewhere, that would buy several cases of beer for sure some day! Better yet stash two (one for you & one for Dirk)!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    That should get me about 20 miles or almost 6 beer. Money well saved if you ask me.
    HERE! HERE! I second that motion!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Name:  2021-06-26 19.22.44.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  54.9 KB

The other drum ended up being red. I ran out of black paint and didn't feel like getting more.

So half the car looks fast and furious.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-26-2021),inuvik (06-26-2021),skyblue (06-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Put in a wood bead seat cover to see if it keeps me cooler. It was $18
    Verdict? I swear by mine. Air circulation - what a concept! It goes in my car about 3 weeks each summer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-27-2021)