Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery died - srs-ecu err3

Country
    Israel
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Battery died - srs-ecu error

Hi, I have a 2017 mitsubishi space star /mirage and after the battery died the airbags light turned on. After connecting to the computer I got error b1479, the following link has info regarding this error.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ighlight=B1479

I was wondering if the existing srs-ecu could be reprogrammed or it needs to be replaced?

Thanks.

Last edited by Wave; 09-28-2021 at 05:33 AM.

I assume you weren't able to clear the code? I haven't ran into that one yet.
    That'd suck if you have to replace the airbag module if your battery dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Master debator
    PURPOSE On certain vehicles, the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Air Bag Warning Lamp illuminates with DTC B1479 (SRS-ECU Backup capacitor circuit voltage too Low.) When the battery voltage becomes low, the back up capacitor's diagnosis function may judge backup capacitor failure and set DTC B1479. The SRS-ECU must be replaced due to the incapability to erase DTC B1479 via MUT-III. This TSB instructs dealers to reprogram the SRS-ECU with updated software to correct the issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Hi, I have a 2017 mitsubishi space star /mirage and after the battery died the airbags light turned on. Thanks.
    Would you still be covered by Warranty??? If so, let Mitsubishi look into it...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-28-2021)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Yeah the code couldn't be cleared at the garage. Here in Israel if they can't clear the code they replace the computer. They won't even look at the technical service bulletin. I was hoping to find someone else with the same problem and a different solution...

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Would you still be covered by Warranty??? If so, let Mitsubishi look into it...
    Unfortunately warranty is only 3 years here so it's not covered, still waiting for an offer but it's probably going to be expensive....
    Last time that I will ever buy mitsubishi!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Unfortunately warranty is only 3 years here so it's not covered, still waiting for an offer but it's probably going to be expensive....
    The only dealership work I have had done on my 2017 Mirage was related to an air bag recall. I don't even remember what the concern was. If this issue is related to that that particular recall, the dealership should take care of it for free regardless of the warranty period.

Have you had any air bag related recalls for your Mirage?

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The only dealership work I have had done on my 2017 Mirage was related to an air bag recall. I don't even remember what the concern was. If this issue is related to that that particular recall, the dealership should take care of it for free regardless of the warranty period.

Have you had any air bag related recalls for your Mirage?
    No, the local dealer didn't notify us of any recall. Are you sure that all 17 models where affected? I even called them to check but they never called me back with an answer...

That's rational.

Have you tried THIS: https://www-colmobil-co-il.translate..._tr_pto=nui,sc

It's not a virus, I promise...(at least I don't think it is). It's supposed to be a Mitsubishi Israel site? But at the bottom there are links for Mercedes and Hyundai. Maybe it's just a dealer site? Google couldn't translate all the scribbles.
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-28-2021 at 12:52 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    No, the local dealer didn't notify us of any recall. Are you sure that all 17 models where affected?..
    Local dealers don't notify us about recalls. Mitsubishi notified me of the recall.

I can only speak for my car, but I assume all 2017 Mirages we're under the recall in the States.

I would research if there are any recalls for your car.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's rational.

Have you tried THIS: https://www-colmobil-co-il.translate..._tr_pto=nui,sc

It's not a virus, I promise...(at least I don't think it is). It's supposed to be a Mitsubishi Israel site? But at the bottom there are links for Mercedes and Hyundai. Maybe it's just a dealer site? Google couldn't translate all the scribbles.
    I tried it but unfortunately it says that we don't have any recalls. Thanks