Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's really hard to predict the future. I'm thankful that I don't need to buy a car right now. Overall, all vehicles are jacked up in price right now. Will huge discounts return in the future? Who knows?

Personally, I like the Honda Fit (130 hp with 5-speed manual). I don't have one in my driveway, because a Mirage was about $6,000-7,000 cheaper at the time purchase. I don't think that has changed much today (except a new Honda Fit no longer exists). Even though I really like several things about the Fit, I prefer the fuel economy of the Mirage. The 3-cylinder charm of the car sort of grows on you. If I only owned one vehicle, it may not be a Mirage. As far as an every day driver to supplement my older Forester, the Mirage is perfect!

If I needed to replace my Mirage today, I would shop for any low mileage 2017-21 Mirage manual (because in my mind the car hasn't changed). If I compared it to the same low mileage/year of a Honda Fit, I think would find about the same savings. If not, I am buying a 5-speed manual Fit instead.

For me the Mirage has to check three boxes - super affordable to purchase, reliable (good warranty is a plus, too), & economical to drive. If those three boxes aren't checked, it loses its appeal to me. I really like my Mirage, but part of that is related to the fact that new ones could be had for $10,000 or under OTD at the time. Having said that, I would still feel good buying a slightly used one in that price range. Even that is a challenge these days, however.
    But the used one requires pre buyer inspection which is something else. Guess to each to it owns. I know you, me and hopefully everyone else here don't just buy a used car without having it checked out which can be tedious.

MSRP of the 21 Mirage hypothetically speaking is better than paying markup for anyone specifically buying a brand new car, don't you agree?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Agreement. Cept, I don't know why you like them gas-hog Honda Fits.
    I think the Honda Fit is a well designed car. I love how the rear seats can be rearranged in the Fit, & hate the lack of that on a Mirage.

I don't feel the 78 hp Mirage is in the same league at the 130 hp Honda Fit. Having said that, a Mirage should be priced accordingly. I like cheap cars! So a Mirage should win on that account alone.

Regardless of how others may feel, I hate to see cars like the Honda Fit leave the North American market. I have to use a Ford Focus for btw driving lessons at times. I will never miss those cars!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Do you use a Ford Focus so that you can teach driving students how to handle emergency breakdown situations? Very smart.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Do you use a Ford Focus so that you can teach driving students how to handle emergency breakdown situations? Very smart.
    I only use a Ford Focus at times, because the owner of our driving school bought 6 of them at one time. They were 2016 models bought in 2017. He probably felt he got a good deal at the time. I don't care for them, and we've had transmission issues (prior to 15,000 miles) with the one I have used the most.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-23-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Correction: Safe to say that the screaming discount from WB like last year probably won't return for good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    What a difference a year makes. This $15,600 car was $11,000 1 year ago today...

Name:  2022_Manual_White_Bear.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  48.4 KB

Even the PULSE add-on went up $50.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (03-05-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    What a difference a year makes. This $15,600 car was $11,000 1 year ago today...

Name:  2022_Manual_White_Bear.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  48.4 KB

That MSRP makes me feel better about my OTD price of $18,039.99

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Correction: Safe to say that the screaming discount from WB like last year probably won't return for good.
    I wouldn't base that on cars they don't even have in their lots yet, but sadly you are most likely correct.

The best car buying advice I read recently said (not quoting exactly) - If you really need a car, buy the cheapest piece of crap you can find that will get you through the next year or two. The hope is things will improve some day. I feel for anyone buying a vehicle (new or used) lately.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

Pulse is a huge mark up item.

"The pulse braking light described below has been in use for motorcycles for may years. It is an accessory and it costs about $35."

The above quote is a bit high on price -

Want to add pulse, it cost $11.55 + $3.95 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191131518743

I think Pulse is better safety feature than TPMS, but it's still a money making gimmick for dealers.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Pulse is a huge mark up item.

"The pulse braking light described below has been in use for motorcycles for may years. It is an accessory and it costs about $35."

The above quote is a bit high on price -

Want to add pulse, it cost $11.55 + $3.95 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191131518743

I think Pulse is better safety feature than TPMS, but it's still a money making gimmick for dealers.
    Which Mirage model years/trims come with PULSE?