Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirages, Mirages everywhere!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I live about 8 min away from White Bear Mitsubishi. So, I'll always spot one. I think there are at least 3 around my neighborhood too. I'm the only 2014-15. The rest are the 17+ models.

Also, the 22' models look GOOOOD lol I want one.
    My former neighbor used to work for John Deere. He spent his career improving John Deere dealerships. John Deere would move him to a struggling dealership, & he would spend about 5 years there. His goal was to turn things around for the better. Then John Deere would send him to the next dealership. He made good money doing this for John Deere. He made a promise to his wife during all these moves. When it came time to finally retire, she could pick the final move. He kept that promise. They now live in a town where she grew up in north central Michigan. It was also one of the dealership areas they had spent time in years ago.

A guy like Richard Herod III of WB should be doing the same for Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi dealerships suck. We have forum members from California, North Carolina, Wisconsin, & others states buying vehicles in Minnesota. It shouldn't have to be that way, but speaking for myself I wasn't going to pay an extra $3,800 OTD for a Mirage just to say I bought it locally.

When I went to Devils Lake, North Dakota and back last summer in my Mirage, I don't remember seeing any other Mirages during my fishing trip other than traveling through the Twin Cities near the White Bear.

I see Mirages at home despite our terrible local Mitsubishi dealership. If the dealerships were better, I really do feel Mitsubishi vehicles would be more popular. Honda & Toyota dealerships have top notch reputations in my area. Whereas, the local Mitsubishi dealership was shut down for a DMV investigation of their improper sales practices. That's a big difference!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-24-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't see that many Mirages near me, definitely more trucks and SUVs/CUVs than any other. The Mitsubishis you see are all the RVR (outlander sport) and Outlanders. People are buying the SUVs.

I did see a black or dark grey G4 a few weekends ago in a bigger city nearby. As Mark has said in the past, Mirage is known as a city car: but does make a great country car for quiet 2 lane highways. Near me I do see ton of older VWs. I think that is the same idea. Cheap car to get errands done in town rather than drive the truck into town.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    WB recently acquired 1 rare white HB 5 speed with Rockford Fosgate assembly installed. Their asking price is a Lil high but someone will buy it. Heck the 5 speed sedan was finally sold!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here in the Chicago area, I've been spotting more and more Mirages & G4s. Many appear to be bare bones models (plastic hubcaps). Of course a lot of that is additive due to selling basically the same car for 8-9 years! Here in the burbs, the local Mitsubishi dealer (not MY dealer) now has a lot full of used cars, and a wide array of new Mitsus for the first time in 2 years. The last year you would be lucky to spot any new Mitsubishi's in their lot. Sometime just 2 or 3 of the new Outlander.

I've never seen a 2020 model (year the last facelift was introduced here) in the wild.

I've not looked if up, but I guess the Dutch taxes on new cars were significantly increased around that time.

Also, there are so many small cars on the Dutch road (Kia Picanto, Volkswagen Up! Seat Mii, Skoda CitiGo, Toyota Aiygo, Peugot 107/108, Citroen C1, Huyandai i10, Suzuki Alto/Celero, Ford Ka, Renault Twingo, Fiat 500...), that they're probably much easier to overlook than in the States.
    Last edited by vintzend; 04-16-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Oh my... Only 389 Space Stars sold this year here (disclaimer: not sure when chart was last updated).

https://www.autoweek.nl/verkoopcijfe...hi/space-star/

I guess I'm not the only one on a waiting list then :-/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Last Christmas I come out of the hotel the very first day of our visit in Boise, Idaho and lo and behold, a black Mirage down the road as if it was any other west coast town.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I've never seen a 2020 model (year the last facelift was introduced here) in the wild.
    I feel obliged to report that I spotted the first >=2020 facelift model driving in the wild yesterday. Its white color really stood out, pretty sure it was the new White Diamond color.

It was driving behind a Mitsubishi SUV, so wonder if some dealer was test-driving them. Or stupid coincidence!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I live about 8 min away from White Bear Mitsubishi. So, I'll always spot one. I think there are at least 3 around my neighborhood too. I'm the only 2014-15. The rest are the 17+ models.

Also, the 22' models look GOOOOD lol I want one.
    Dude you need to go there and look at the pink unicorn Mirage and see if the engine or CVT has been replaced lol. It's the biggest mystery on here now since Fummins solved the 2014 CVT interchangeability case.

Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I feel obliged to report that I spotted the first >=2020 facelift model driving in the wild yesterday.
    I don't think I've seen the latest facelift yet.

BUT... like others, I'm seeing more of the older ones around.

I think we're up to maybe 5 or 6 Mirages in my little city of 21,000 people. Nearest dealership is 100 km / 60 mi. away, so most are owned by people who have relocated here.

No other locals are intentionally driving 100 km to buy a Mirage (except me.... drove to Toronto to get my first - used - one).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

vintzend (04-30-2022)