Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolant

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Maybe you could let us know when you will be coming through. Dirk and I, and now there's another guy too that I forget his UN off-hand, could get together and let you meet us! At THE BIG CHICKEN!
    That'd be fun! I remember almost 20 years ago when some bad actor lit up the Big Chicken with a burst from an Uzi, spraying the beak and eyeball destroying it's mechanical mechanism that powered the googly eyes. A group of Georgia Tech students (Go Jackets, F*ck the Bulldogs) came thru and fixed it entirely. It's still working like a charm to this day.

Atomic, if you have to skip the meetup, I'd advise instead of driving thru downtown Atlanta, just stay on 75 south, then get off at the 285 west bypass, its a big circle that surrounds Atlanta, avoid downtown all together, until it intersects again with 75 south. Or you can witness all the craziness of Atlanta drivers I'm always whinging on about. Be wary of these vehicles!

1. Clapped out Altimas with paper tags flapping in the air (this is nationwide actually)

2. Raised F-150 Raptors that will tailgate you hard in the HOV lane because your only doing 15 over the
    speed limit of 65 when for them, its 25 over.

3. BMWs, Chrysler 300, Dodge Chargers, Dodge Avengers, and Landrovers (this are all dangerous
    vehicles that often have sh*t drivers)

Basically if you hear blaring gangsta rap or see a rebel flag in your rear view mirror, get out of the way fast.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Check google maps traffic data. If it's all clear, go downtown. It's less boring, for sure (Thunderdome). And you get to drive through my curve, at my hospital. Grady curve, Grady hospital, named after my 4th cousin.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe you could let us know when you will be coming through. Dirk and I, and now there's another guy too that I forget his UN off-hand, could get together and let you meet us! At THE BIG CHICKEN!
    I'm not opposed, but will likely give you a shout out on the trip back north. Driving all day on 6/16, and if it goes according to plan (insert laughter), should hit the Atlanta area around 1-2pm, I hope that's better than 4-5p. Likely coming back thru on the 20th or 21st. Big Chicken sounds good; I am a fan of the Colonel.

1. Ha! Dirk! Clapped out Altima's with paper tags from Drivetime.com ARE ubiquitous nationwide.

2. I don't worry much about getting tailgated. I'm going for mpg this trip, but remember, I am the reigning champ on the forum for a speeding ticket in a Mirage @ 92mph! However it's only been 3 months since my last ticket, so I have to behave for a while.

3. I've heard tales of there being running Avengers out there; I thought it was just an urban legend!

Grady curve, eh? Sounds interesting. You guys aren't my sole source of info: The in-laws drive to their condo in Daytona every spring and they make it a point to drive thru Atlanta in the middle of the night, lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Check google maps traffic data. If it's all clear, go downtown. It's less boring, for sure (Thunderdome). And you get to drive through my curve, at my hospital. Grady curve, Grady hospital, named after my 4th cousin.
    We're you a Grady Baby 7Miles?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It's the biggest city in the south. I don't count Dallas or Houston because Texas is half south half west, kinda it's own unique culture.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    We're you a Grady Baby 7Miles?
    By DNA 100%.

1 - 2 pm should be ok, but it will be busy. Check google maps traffic though. If there's an accident, you're gonna wanna avoid it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    By DNA 100%.

1 - 2 pm should be ok, but it will be busy. Check google maps traffic though. If there's an accident, you're gonna wanna avoid it.
    Roger that. Thanks for the heads up!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Someone in this thread said original oem that came in car is rated at 5yr/100,000 miles. My G4 is at the 5yr mark, but just under 70k miles. I figure it's due, plus I want everything at peak efficiency when I drive thru GA and FL in June. Otherwise, I'd say every 30k or every couple years. I'm sure there are other opinions on it, though.
    Schedule 1 & 2 are the same for the engine coolant -

Factory coolant should be changed at 120,000 miles (192,000 km) or 96 months (8 years).

Thereafter every 90,000 miles (144,000 km) or 72 months.

Exact copy & paste from maintenance schedule -

"Change engine coolant - First change at 120,000 miles (192,000 km) or at 96 months, thereafter every 90,000 miles (144,000 km) or 72 months"

This is why they are labeled - "super long life coolants"

Use “Mitsubishi Motors Genuine Super Long Life Coolant Premium” or equivalent*.
    *: similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, nonnitrate and non-borate coolant with long life hybrid organic acid technology
    Last edited by Mark; 05-24-2022 at 03:47 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-24-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Schedule 1 & 2 are the same for the engine coolant -

Factory coolant should be changed at 120,000 miles (192,000 km) or 96 months (8 years).

Thereafter every 90,000 miles (144,000 km) or 72 months.

Exact copy & paste from maintenance schedule -

"Change engine coolant - First change at 120,000 miles (192,000 km) or at 96 months, thereafter every 90,000 miles (144,000 km) or 72 months"

This is why they are labeled - "super long life coolants"

Use “Mitsubishi Motors Genuine Super Long Life Coolant Premium” or equivalent*.
    *: similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, nonnitrate and non-borate coolant with long life hybrid organic acid technology
    They woulda known these things if thy had watched my youtube video on the topic.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    They woulda known these things if thy had watched my youtube video on the topic.
    I actually watched your coolant change before I saw it posted on the forum, because I am one of your subscribers.

If you have the right tools, I think draining the engine block is worth the extra effort.

I appreciate your Mirage videos!