Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Front Fog light switch not working.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Discussion activity seems low to me lately. Latest posts list is usually quite long. It's the lowest activity I have noticed since I have been hanging around the forum.

Dirk's meme thread may have scared everyone away?
    I'm thinking Dirk hit the blunt a little extra that day.

Last edited by AtomicPunk; 08-04-2022 at 02:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-04-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think we're on the ignore list?
    Oh no.. not really pal.. haha.. it just happens that I do not know who among the forum members own a GT and I saw in @klroger's profile he has one prompting me to address the request to him..

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    Oh no.. not really pal.. haha.. it just happens that I do not know who among the forum members own a GT and I saw in @klroger's profile he has one prompting me to address the request to him..
    Sure, I'm off this weekend (finally) so I'll get one for you.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    I think it's possible. You need to change the wiring and activate front foglight in ETACS.
    And ETACS are the only solution to this?
    Because I will have to do a degree in ETACS to understand 1% of what's going on with Mitsubishop.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere in this thread but does your fog light(FRONT) indicator light up on the gauge cluster when you turn the Front Fog lights on? I assume the one for the rear fog lights turns on.

Also, if this was a "problem" or actual malfunction and not human error(car maybe doesn't actually have "fog lights") from day one why not take it to the mitsubishi dealership and have them try to fix it? I assume you don't have a great warranty out that way?

PS don't get all wound up and offended by what I wrote. That's just how words get typed on my keyboard...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere in this thread but does your fog light(FRONT) indicator light up on the gauge cluster when you turn the Front Fog lights on? I assume the one for the rear fog lights turns on.

Also, if this was a "problem" or actual malfunction and not human error(car maybe doesn't actually have "fog lights") from day one why not take it to the mitsubishi dealership and have them try to fix it? I assume you don't have a great warranty out that way?

PS don't get all wound up and offended by what I wrote. That's just how words get typed on my keyboard...
    Nope, only the rear like you said, turns on, so apparently in my country they cheat and give you "fog lights" as DRL's.
    I went to Mitsubusiness and they told me I have already fog lights, and not DRL's lol.
    Man this is embarassing, and also another dealership same answers, and they can't help me out I asked and they have no idea how to do anything.

I'm not all wound up and offended, but thanks man I appreciate your comments.

PS I will sell this car for sure or I will smash it against a wall while I throw a rock on the gas pedal, will picture if it happens, with a pakistani 2003 phone.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shepardl For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-04-2022),mohammad (08-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Shepardl View Post
    Nope, only the rear like you said, turns on, so apparently in my country they cheat and give you "fog lights" as DRL's.
    I went to Mitsubusiness and they told me I have already fog lights, and not DRL's lol.
    Man this is embarassing, and also another dealership same answers, and they can't help me out I asked and they have no idea how to do anything.

I'm not all wound up and offended, but thanks man I appreciate your comments.

PS I will sell this car for sure or I will smash it against a wall while I throw a rock on the gas pedal, will picture if it happens, with a pakistani 2003 phone.
    Gotcha, well if it makes you feel any better I've had similar experiences with Mitsubishi dealers out this way. I took a car in one time that had a transmission ready to blow up. The "service advisor" told me there's nothing wrong with it and it just needed a throttle body cleaning and new spark plugs(car had just over 100,000km and plugs don't need to be replaced until 160k according to manual). I drove it back to the shop, removed the transmission oil pan, and sent the guy pictures of the metal shavings and bearings laying in the pan.

I had the parts department at the same dealership tell me numerous times that the cvt's do not have any filters in them. After a few minutes of listening to them act like morons, I end up telling them to look up our account and order the magical non-existent filters that we bought last time.

Anyways....So it sounds like the fog lights aren't activated on your car. Most(if not all) Mirages sold in North America have the wiring harness for fog lights in place already. I believe there are a few threads on how to activate them yourself without requiring any etacs computer programs or dongles etc... I'll look for the thread. I believe it was just brought up the other day by someone else.

Hopefully you get it figured before you blow up your car lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Shepardl (08-05-2022)

Here, give this thread a read. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...er-connection) It might take a few tries to get it right but others have had luck following the instructions

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...152#post144152

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Shepardl (08-05-2022)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Gotcha, well if it makes you feel any better I've had similar experiences with Mitsubishi dealers out this way. I took a car in one time that had a transmission ready to blow up. The "service advisor" told me there's nothing wrong with it and it just needed a throttle body cleaning and new spark plugs(car had just over 100,000km and plugs don't need to be replaced until 160k according to manual). I drove it back to the shop, removed the transmission oil pan, and sent the guy pictures of the metal shavings and bearings laying in the pan.

I had the parts department at the same dealership tell me numerous times that the cvt's do not have any filters in them. After a few minutes of listening to them act like morons, I end up telling them to look up our account and order the magical non-existent filters that we bought last time.

Anyways....So it sounds like the fog lights aren't activated on your car. Most(if not all) Mirages sold in North America have the wiring harness for fog lights in place already. I believe there are a few threads on how to activate them yourself without requiring any etacs computer programs or dongles etc... I'll look for the thread. I believe it was just brought up the other day by someone else.

Hopefully you get it figured before you blow up your car lol
    Oh your dealership Mitsubirdcrap is also like that? In my country you can go to not one but a couple of them and they will just look helpless, like a dear on the road with fog lights blinding his face.

But thanks for the comments Fummins, I really appreciate that!
    I will have a look at the thread you have given me and will see what can be done!

Have a blessed week!

Edit: I have seen the first thread you have posted, didn't read all of the pages yet, but I will now.

Edit: Fummins, or anyone else, should I replace my sockets for these?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/22507445836...3ABFBMyum-0c1g

And I saw some pictures, but I can't seem to understand where the Foglights wires are at, I'm sorry if I confuse anyone, my English is not good and I never finished school or claim to be smart.
    Last edited by Shepardl; 08-05-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepardl View Post
    Edit: Fummins, or anyone else, should I replace my sockets for these?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/22507445836...3ABFBMyum-0c1g

And I saw some pictures, but I can't seem to understand where the Foglights wires are at, I'm sorry if I confuse anyone, my English is not good and I never finished school or claim to be smart.
    I think this is what the OEM bracket looks like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/171454088067

The big metal assembly is t allow you to change the bulb angle to your liking. This is especially important as idiots ... like me. hit the curb while parking and bend the front bumper slightly downward.

instead of spending big money, you could spend little money and buy an led p13w bulb off amazon or eBay and maybe that would be bright enough? All you would have to do is wire 2 fuse taps together wire the "foglight" fuse to any accessory fuse. Then you can have foglight on whenever the car is on.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos