Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Mirage forum

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New to Mirage forum

Hello I’m new here I’ve owned my mirage for 4 years it’s a 2015 and it has seen better days but it still gets me where I need it to go as a courier driver. Never has let me down and continues to get miles racked up on a daily basis. Approximately 255k miles.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ddmrcsen22 For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-11-2022),BigMW (11-16-2022),foama (11-20-2022),inuvik (11-12-2022),MetroMPG (11-17-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddmrcsen22 View Post
    Hello I’m new here I’ve owned my mirage for 4 years it’s a 2015 and it has seen better days but it still gets me where I need it to go as a courier driver. Never has let me down and continues to get miles racked up on a daily basis. Approximately 255k miles.
    You have 255k miles? CVT Mirage? You give many hope. Did you do any CVT fluid changes?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do 3.5 quart fluid changes every 2 oil changes approximately ever 10k miles. I’m honestly surprised it’s still going but regular fluid changes seem to do the trick along with a pan filter and cvt filter at least once a year.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ddmrcsen22 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-16-2022),inuvik (11-12-2022),MetroMPG (11-17-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I do 3.5 quart fluid changes every 2 oil changes approximately ever 10k miles. I’m honestly surprised it’s still going but regular fluid changes seem to do the trick along with a pan filter and cvt filter at least once a year.
    That's good information for CVT owners! Thanks for sharing that!

By the way - Welcome to the forum!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-11-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Is that mostly highway miles too?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Healthy mix of both city and highway. Majority still being highway I would say about 60%.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No problem. This car was abused previously and it shows it, I bought it at 101k and for the last 4 years it has been my winter car. Almost no tranny fluid or oil. I cleaned it up have not did any internal work on it. Being over the top on maintenance on this car has been what’s kept it going because I’m not easy on it sometimes I drive 500 miles in a day and have put the petal floor to merge on the highway. I honestly have to say I think it’s just somehow one of a kind. I wasn’t the biggest fan in the beginning but I’ve learned to love it. Engine runs like a top, trans is questionable at this point.
    Last edited by Ddmrcsen22; 11-12-2022 at 03:55 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    No problem. This car was abused previously and it shows it, I bought it at 101k and for the last 4 years it has been my winter car. Almost no tranny fluid or oil. I cleaned it up have not did any internal work on it. Being over the top on maintenance on this car has been what’s kept it going because I’m not easy on it sometimes I drive 500 miles in a day and have put the petal floor to merge on the highway. I honestly have to say I think it’s just somehow one of a kind. I wasn’t the biggest fan in the beginning but I’ve learned to love it. Engine runs like a top, trans is questionable at this point.
    Its only questionable if the "D" indicator starts flashing, otherwise you're good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Never has let me down and continues to get miles racked up on a daily basis. Approximately 255k miles.
    This is unpossible. Everyone on the internets says so. They're junk and won't last at all.

However, welcome aboard. I'm impressed with your mighty, er I mean, steaming pile of junk!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-17-2022),Wil B (11-23-2022)

Belated welcome, Ddmrcsen22!

I don't know if you've discovered it yet, but one of our more prolific members here maintains a fleet of these little turd pails used as delivery cars.

That's an aggressive preventive maintenance schedule for the rubber band transmission. Keep us posted!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)