Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the 2020 Supra?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The last generation Eclipse became a lumbering coupe by the end, compare a 2011 Eclipse to a 1991 Eclipse.

Not to go on a tangent but the thing is I'm tall too, 6'1, and EVERY Mitsu product, lack of leg-room. Actually the cabins in every Mitsu model, big and small, I've sat in the past 5 years, equal lack of leg room.

My 80s VW Rabbit I could stretch my admittingly long legs out straight out. In the big Mitsu Outlander I'm equally lacking leg room as I am in my Mirage, no kidding.

Why aren't cars made for longer folk
    The Eclipse has a rough life but nothing really kept the original DSM magic.

There are cars for tall folk, we get to justify getting big 4x4s.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-19-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    The Eclipse has a rough life but nothing really kept the original DSM magic.

There are cars for tall folk, we get to justify getting big 4x4s.
    I would fit better in a big 4 x 4 but that is not my style haha -- handy at times for sure, and the windows of my Mirage are terribly awkward for a tall person, but also I like the light and nimble aspect of the Mirage better than almost all other cars out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Austria
    Thanks
    335 hp 2020 Supra VS Nissan R35 GTR 486-550 hp.

Not a Supra in my opinion. Even when its going to be modable up to 500 or 600 hp.
    It is like Rob Ferreti said on Youtube. The new Supra is a car that the GT86/FRS should have been from the beginning.
    It also looks like a more powerful GT86 Modell with a fancy Bodykit.

I dont like really like the Styling.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Interceptor For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I am guess I am not a fan of 'label-slapping' for the sake of nostalgia. If this car is basically a BMW Z4 wearing a different suit, then why not just buy a Z4?

Buying a Toyota with a BMW badge is one one thing. But why buy a BMW with a Toyota badge on it when the same BMW is the same price???
    remember when they had toyota matrix and the pontiac vibe? it was the exact same car so its not the first time that Toyota has played this game of rebadging

And then they made a line of cars named Scion but that must have been a failure because they dissolved the Scion line after a few years.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    remember when they had toyota matrix and the pontiac vibe? it was the exact same car so its not the first time that Toyota has played this game of rebadging

And then they made a line of cars named Scion but that must have been a failure because they dissolved the Scion line after a few years.

Lots of companies have been doing this for years. Ford & Mazda have shared many platforms (small pickups & SUVs especially) in the past, too.

Speaking of badges & Mirage related - I sort of find it funny how Mitsubishi lists the added features of a 2019 Mirage GT (these are items the SE doesn't have).

15" two-tone alloy wheels
    HID Headlamps
    Heated front seats
    GT Badge

Apparently, a GT badge is an extra feature! I don't know why, but I chuckle at things like that.
    I also find this odd - The SE doesn't have these items, but a lower trim level (LE) has 15" alloy wheels (not two tone) and heated front seats. The LE does not have the GT badge, however!!!!!

Don't get me wrong! I really like the Mirage. I just laugh at how things are marketed sometimes.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Apparently, a GT badge is an extra feature!
    Pretty sure elsewhere the GT badge includes special orange pinstripe accents on the exterior and on some of the interior bits too, in non North American markets. So a black car might have orange side mirrors and other parts, and so forth.

That would make the extra cost GT trim worth it more, or make sense anyways...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Pretty sure elsewhere the GT badge includes special orange pinstripe accents on the exterior and on some of the interior bits too, in non North American markets. So a black car might have orange side mirrors and other parts, and so forth.

That would make the extra cost GT trim worth it more, or make sense anyways...
    My first sort when looking for a car is a manual transmission, & I am not willing to compromise on that. Mitsubishi has made a trim choice an easy decision for someone like me. I do wish a manual was offered across the different trim levels, but I would have bought the most basic model regardless of that.

I like the Mirage for what it is (affordable, reliable, & economical)! In all honesty, the MSRP price isn't that different between a SE & GT ($16,495 vs. $16,995). I can't believe anyone pays anything near MSRP. I like a Mirage, because I could buy a brand new one for under $10,000. That's one of its best features in my mind!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My first sort when looking for a car is a manual transmission, & I am not willing to compromise on that.
    I'm the exact same way. I bought the base 12,495 plus freight ES Mirage back in 2014, 5 speed manual transmission, no air. But a 10 year power train warranty and 5 years in, no big complaints.

Back in '14 you could get a fancy Mirage manual leather wrapped 5 speed knob and steering wheel too.. they tried to sell me that one and I said no way I want a base model in dark grey simple simple for my rural driving colour looks dirty in 5 minutes.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would fit better in a big 4 x 4 but that is not my style haha -- handy at times for sure, and the windows of my Mirage are terribly awkward for a tall person, but also I like the light and nimble aspect of the Mirage better than almost all other cars out there.
    Yeah sometimes I regret putting the window visors on. There no other problems for me though. The Mirage is better for a tall person than my 2011 Corolla S

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    335 hp 2020 Supra VS Nissan R35 GTR 486-550 hp.

Not a Supra in my opinion. Even when its going to be modable up to 500 or 600 hp.
    It is like Rob Ferreti said on Youtube. The new Supra is a car that the GT86/FRS should have been from the beginning.
    It also looks like a more powerful GT86 Modell with a fancy Bodykit.

I dont like really like the Styling.
    I disagree with Rob. The GT86 should have been a RWD Corolla which it isn't. I think the 86 is fine as a car but it needs a better engine. Its the closest thing we got to a 240sx this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

I thought the Matrix was just a hatchback Corolla? My brothers friend just wrecked his 2007 Corolla from a fish tail on black ice, then bought a 2007 Matrix that looks exactly the same. The hatch is called the Corolla Verso in Europe but designed differently I think.

There's several reasons why Toyota rebrands cars here in the US. We're more gullible and accepting. Europeans aren't very accepting of Asian luxury car brands. Lexus took forever to get footing in Europe. Every Acura here is Honda in Europe. Every Scion in the US was just a Toyota in Europe......but there were some models that were only for the US market like the TC.
    Last edited by Marklovski; 01-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-20-2019)

Country
    Austria
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I disagree with Rob. The GT86 should have been a RWD Corolla which it isn't. I think the 86 is fine as a car but it needs a better engine. Its the closest thing we got to a 240sx this generation.
    I drove a GT86 2 years ago and even with the standart Engine it was fun too drive,
    but it fells like it could handel more power. So a 300 hp "Supra Package" would, in my
    opinion, a really nice Upgrade. For some time the Germans had a Dealer installed
    "Gazoo Package" with a Supercharger and 300 hp, Suspension and Brake Upgrade
    for around 12k Euro ( 13.600 USD ).

I think i read that the FRS had a 25k USD Base Price in the US. Here in Austria the
    base GT86 cost 33.290 Euro Base (37.900 USD). RWD Sport Cars are way too expensive
    here. A base Mazda Miata/MX5 with the 130 hp 1,5 Liter Engine cost 26.400 Euro (30k USD).
    The 180 hp Engine starts at 33.400 Euro ( 38k USD ).