Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3318631
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've had bad luck ordering bulbs online. I bought a bunch of bulbs for the house years ago from walmart online(cause I'm lazy),a few different brands. They all only lasted a few months if that. I figured it was caused by being thrown around during shipping.

I've used ge in the cars here for years with no problems, now we're going with Sylvania.
    If you go to Walmart or AutoZone in my hometown, Sylvania is all they stock. I haven't had to change a headlight bulb on my Mirage yet, but I do have a spare on hand.

I would like run an experiment between Sylvania & Phillips bulbs. Replace both headlights at the same time with each brand & see what happens.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you go to Walmart or AutoZone in my hometown, Sylvania is all they stock. I haven't had to change a headlight bulb on my Mirage yet, but I do have a spare on hand.

I would like run an experiment between Sylvania & Phillips bulbs. Replace both headlights at the same time with each brand & see what happens.
    A trip to Walmart for a set of Sylvania bulbs is my next plan, provided the ebay Sylvania bulbs don't last. Of course, if a good set of Walmart bulbs ends up popping, then we know I've got some sort of electrical issue.

Given that everything else in the car seems to be working fine, I think my issue has simply been due to cheap bulbs. Only time will tell I suppose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    A trip to Walmart for a set of Sylvania bulbs is my next plan, provided the ebay Sylvania bulbs don't last. Of course, if a good set of Walmart bulbs ends up popping, then we know I've got some sort of electrical issue.

Given that everything else in the car seems to be working fine, I think my issue has simply been due to cheap bulbs. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Hopefully, it's just cheap bulbs! I believe you once mentioned driving with your lights on all the time, & do rack up way more miles than the average forum member.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    239,281 miles Got the tires rotated, installed Michelin windshield wipers and poured a bottle of Techron in the tank.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    239,281 miles Got the tires rotated, installed Michelin windshield wipers and poured a bottle of Techron in the tank.
    I messed up a wiper today pulling it off my frozen windshield. -3F this morning. Need to make trip to Walmart tonight & replace it!

Do you sense when you need the Techron treatment again?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Do you sense when you need the Techron treatment again?

I sensed something was wrong around 200k miles and was about to replace the fuel pump before trying Techron. Ever since my initial two bottle treatment, I haven't noticed any issues.

I simply pour a bottle of the stuff in the car every time I get my tires rotated. Its part of my maintenance schedule now, along with only buying Top Tier fuel whenever possible.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    239,448 miles Getting another free oil change. I confirmed with the guy who took my car in that they are using 5w30.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-01-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    239,448 miles Getting another free oil change. I confirmed with the guy who took my car in that they are using 5w30.
    When do you guess you will hit 300k miles?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    When do you guess you will hit 300k miles?
    That depends on whether or not I reach 295k miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    241,141 miles Had an interesting day today. I started off by a rock hitting my windshield. Fortunately it made a crack less than the length of a dollar bill. The crack started at the top of the windshield and went down the glass. When I got home this evening, I drilled the end of the crack to prevent further spreading and then filled it with resin. All is well regarding that.

Most of my daily driving is on interstate. 110 miles into today's drive, I got off the interstate to visit one of my clients. Less than half a mile after getting off the interstate, I heard grinding noises from the transmission. I honestly don't remember if the noise started while I was in the middle of changing gears or not. I pulled over immediately, pumped the clutch pedal a few times and ensured I could go through all the gears before getting back on the road.

I drove a mile or so to my client, took care of them, and then got back on the interstate for the 64 mile drive back to my house. I didn't have a single issue.

I've been telling myself for months that I was going to eventually top off my transmission oil. Its a long story, but when I replaced my driver side axle, I didn't have enough oil to completely refill the transmission.

So just to double check things, I drained the transmission oil into a clean container when I got home. Of course I managed to spill a bunch on the floor (probably half a quart) but what did make its way into my container was about a quart. The oil looked clean as well.

I used the old oil to fill the transmission back up (that stuff is expensive) and added about 3/4 of a quart from a new bottle. I did a quick drive to Walmart this evening, aggressively shifting through the gears. Everything seems fine.

So either I simply wasn't shifting through the gears properly today, transmission is going bad, or clutch disk is finally getting ready to go.

I've got a clutch disk sitting on the shelf. I'll be ready if the thing decides to give up the ghost.