Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Side by side review of the 2 gray 5mt subcompacts in my driveway. (Mirage vs. Micra)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Essentially, the Micra IS sold in the U.S...
    I am not even sure the true Micra is even sold in Canada?

Not sure what they are selling in Canada, but it sure doesn't look like the Micra sold in the U.K.?

https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/ne...les/micra.html

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Not sure what they are selling in Canada, but it sure doesn't look like the Micra sold in the U.K.?

We kept the last gen here, due to the renault merger and upcoming redesign of the Micra/Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    We kept the last gen here, due to the renault merger and upcoming redesign of the Micra/Mirage.
    Why does everyone think the next Mirage will be a Nissan? There has been no official announcement from either parent company. Otherwise, it's an assumption based on speculation.

Oh well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Why does everyone think the next Mirage will be a Nissan? There has been no official announcement from either parent company. Otherwise, it's an assumption based on speculation.

Oh well.
    Because I want a .9l turbo and one or the other better get it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Oh well.
    Late last year one of the higher ups at Mitsubishi said the next gen mirage will likely be based on the cmf-b platform with the micra and the clio, but I don't believe it's been made official yet. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be based off the corporate platform, would cost more to redesign the mirage by itself I would imagine.

Yup, the "new" generation (K14) Micra went on sale overseas last year. The Mexican factory that supplies the Micra/Versa to North America is still making the previous generation (K13) of the car. Nissan has a history of overlapping 2 generations of models globally.

The next-gen 2020 Versa for the U.S. market was just unveiled last week, and it's on the new K14 Micra platform. Assuming it's going to be built in the same factory that makes the current Versa (update: it is), they'll probably switch to building the new generation Micra there as well.

Micra is a global car - it's built in 3 or 4 different factories and sells in something like 160 countries. Similar to the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kzelisko View Post
    Late last year one of the higher ups at Mitsubishi said the next gen mirage will likely be based on the cmf-b platform with the micra and the clio, but I don't believe it's been made official yet. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be based off the corporate platform, would cost more to redesign the mirage by itself I would imagine.
    And the simple fact is, both cars are at the end of their design life.

It's not like manufacturers haven't done this in the past. Namely, pretty much every redesign ever on cheaper cars

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When I looked at the Micra, it made no sense, as it seemed the Versa Note had similar numbers on economy but was bigger and more practical. I only guessed that the Micra was useful for people with small parking spaces. I didn't test drive either, so this all makes sense now - seems the Micra is more fun, while still affordable to buy. I'm happy with the Mirage (as someone said above - its shortcomings aren't deal breakers for me), but agree with the points made - it is not as refined as other cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

That thing is SHARP! I would be interested in that for sure.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

My prediction is you'll get your chance to buy a "new Micra" in the States in a year or so, in the form of the next gen Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (05-17-2019)