Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage 1.2 L 2014 Starting problem

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spydev View Post
    Hi,

I am having an issue which appears suddenly 4 days ago. Mostly after the overnight rest and 2 to 3 hour rest, when I try to start the engine it take a long self to start the car, sometimes it did not start on first try. Check the video below

And when the engine starts it feels like its missing the fuel because when i accelerate little harder it did not accelerate and even get too slow then suddenly it accelerate. It happens for only for 1 to 2 min then it behaves normal.

What could be the reason and how to solve it?
    Hey spydev, any updates on your starting problem?

Also, I'm curious to know more about how you start your Mirage. For example, do you press on the accelerator pedal during startup?

Great discussion by the way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Listen to buddy's you tube vid, sure sounds like the fuel pump. 91 is too high compared to the recommended 87. I never called it snake oil but it seems like a bandaid solution to the mechanical issue buddy is having. Funny how people corral over this.

We'll see if might is right, when buddy gets his fuel pump replaced.

I have scheduled the maintenance with my mechanic for tomorrow, I visited him today as well and he still insist it is fuel pump issue as he check the injectors and plugs and all are fine.

Also here 97 octane level is equal to 91/92 of United States. I also read the car manual, it says recommended octane level is minimum 87 so I think higher might work as well.

Do you really think that using high octane is the reason behind faulty fuel pump in this car ??

Well I will update you guys after fuel pump replacement

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey spydev, any updates on your starting problem?

Also, I'm curious to know more about how you start your Mirage. For example, do you press on the accelerator pedal during startup?

Great discussion by the way.
    Tomorrow I will take my car to mechanic so update you on this tomorrow. No I do not press accelerate while startup, I just press brake and push the start button and when car get started I take away my feet from brake or change the gear before take away my feet

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Have you used Techron?

I don't understand why this is being made into a competition? Members are just offering helpful suggestions.

You are critical of the fuel being used. How is that helpful? It just proves you don't know the fuel ratings in other parts of the world I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you have experience using Techron, please share the outcome. Other forum members have done that, & it has been found to be a useful product. Steve bought a fuel pump thinking that was his issue, and Techron solved his problem before he changed it. His 245,000+ mile Mirage has been running fine every since. He now adds Techron whenever his tire rotations are done. Other than A/C issues, his engine has been relatively trouble free. The one issue he seemed to have was taken care of by a fuel additive. Even if the fuel pump is the issue in this case, adding Techron is not going to hurt anything.
    I have once used STP Fuel System Cleaner in my mirage, during that period when I poured it into gas tank, my car was not responding well for few days, car pickup / acceleration was downgraded. But after a week the car gets better even better then before.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Your technician should perform a fuel pressure test before replacing any parts. While the fuel pump may be a likely cause, hopefully he won't just replace that part without testing and a proper diagnosis of your starting problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-25-2019)

I don't understand why this is being made into a competition?

Can't answer that one. Some people just hate being wrong I guess. Miss information gets posted here once in a while. But I can't say I've seen so many posts explaining the same thing in one thread before lol
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-25-2019 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Whoops thought I deleted that right after I posted.. Anyhow... High octone won't break a fuel pump. Moving along.............

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Have you used Techron?

I don't understand why this is being made into a competition? Members are just offering helpful suggestions.

You are critical of the fuel being used. How is that helpful? .
    To Fummins, don't bully me. I'm only trying to help diagnose the problem. Calling me a whine fest is pretty immature.

Spydev: I'm trying to diagnose your issue, trying to help. Not competing, but it's funny how everyone corrals against one person who thinks outside the sheep parade.

Your Mirage is meant to run on cheap, first grade octane fuel. So it's called 87 in Canada, and the USA.

Trying to figure out why your car isn't starting, and if you're adding different fuel, and additives, maybe that busted your fuel pump?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Please accept my deepest apologizes. I am pretty immature jerk ass though. I'll try not to be a big stinky,obnoxious,belittling,bullying,poopy meany head as often.

Looks like I gotta empty my hate mailbox again, that thing is getting full
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-25-2019 at 05:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-25-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    that thing is getting full
    You're alright. I think we all got carried away. Mirage Passion

Beer summit in order then??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi has designed the Mirage to sell in multiple countries, with 87 being the MINIMUM octane recommended. Since not all countries sell 87 but many above, Mitsubishi would be aware of this. Running higher octane fuel will not cause a fuel pump to malfunction. If it's the pump, a coincidence only. This is not hard to understand. Sorry to hear about your issues, but Octane is not at fault of failure.

(blank signature)