Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315378
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The price of the Hankook Optimo H724 tire is back down to $30.29 at Walmart with free shipping and has a 70k mile tread warranty.

My beloved Faulken SN250 tires are still not available from Walmart and I couldn't resist the urge to buy a 70k mile tire for $30.

I went ahead and ordered a set of Hankook H724 tires. The grand total comes out to $140.40 with tax. It should cost another $48 to get them installed at my local Walmart.

I'm hoping to get another 5k miles out of my Faulken tires, but should I have a tire failure, I won't be stuck accepting whatever 35k mile tire the local Walmart has in stock.

These new tires will hopefully sit inside my house for at least a month before they get installed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    The price of the Hankook Optimo H724 tire is back down to $30.29 at Walmart with free shipping and has a 70k mile tread warranty.

My beloved Faulken SN250 tires are still not available from Walmart and I couldn't resist the urge to buy a 70k mile tire for $30.

I went ahead and ordered a set of Hankook H724 tires. The grand total comes out to $140.40 with tax. It should cost another $48 to get them installed at my local Walmart.

I'm hoping to get another 5k miles out of my Faulken tires, but should I have a tire failure, I won't be stuck accepting whatever 35k mile tire the local Walmart has in stock.

These new tires will hopefully sit inside my house for at least a month before they get installed.
    A single factory size Dunlop Enasave costs $118.99 @ Walmart. That makes a set of 4 Hankook tires for $140.40 look like a great deal! You'll have to share what you think of them compared to the Falken eventually. Even if you don't like them and only use them for half of their life, you aren't out much money. Who knows? You may even like them better!

The tires you bought aren't really an uncommon brand name like most of Walmart's $30 tires. It should be a good purchase for you!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-14-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You guys are looking at a big spender here.

I just ordered a set of four sensors from Amazon for $127.56
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I decided to splurge and get a new set of 16 lug nuts from Autozone for a whopping $43.20
    https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/..._142831_209873

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey, it's <nobrandname>! All the choosiest car enthusiasts rely on <nobrandname> for their automotive needs! For the most demanding applications, choose <nobrandname>!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Hey, it's <nobrandname>! All the choosiest car enthusiasts rely on <nobrandname> for their automotive needs! For the most demanding applications, choose <nobrandname>!
    Sorry, I'll correct that! The ability to edit a comment is wonderful! What "no brand name" tires are your favorite? I would hate to miss something great!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry Steve I tried to quickly pull tpms numbers from the obd2 port last night but couldn't figure it out or the Autel t508 couldn't do it.
    Know top fuel couldn't with the t501 but another forum member thought the t508 could.
    They are super easy to clone with if you have your old sensors.
    Good deal on your tires..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Aron View Post
    ...I tried to quickly pull tpms numbers from the obd2 port last night but couldn't figure it out or the Autel t508 couldn't do it.
    I'm not sure what Autel tool can read/write TPMS ID's through the OBDII port on a Mitsubishi. But it's safe to say that any tool that costs less than $1000 probably can't.

ATEQ has released an advanced TPMS tool that "only" costs about $1,000. You can see it being demonstrated on an Outlander in the news release below. Notice that when they connect the tool to the OBDII connector, there's some sort of OBDII adapter involved. In other words, you don't just use a straight OBDII cable to connect the tool to a Mitsubishi...you need some magic funky adapter in between the tool and the OBDII port.

I've noticed that all advanced TPMS tools that work with late model Mitsubishi cars have a similar adapter device. Mitsubishi is doing something different in their TPMS systems which requires this additional device. This is why basic TPMS tools won't work through the OBDII port of a Mirage.

Feb 4, 2019

ATEQ just recently expanded Mitsubishi coverage. The VT56 software version DA1-26-20 now includes new Mitsubishi TPMS coverage thanks to new patented technology, Sync ID, an enhanced OBD communication to increase OBD relearn coverage for Asian, Domestic, and European vehicles. Vehicles covered in the VT56 as of summer 2018 include:

Eclipse, Eclipse Cross, Endeavor, Galant, i-MiEV, Lancer, Mirage, Montero, Outlander, Outlander Sport, Raider, RVR

A video demonstration of this tool can be viewed HERE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm not sure what Autel tool can read/write TPMS ID's through the OBDII port on a Mitsubishi. But it's safe to say that any tool that costs less than $1000 probably can't.

I've noticed that all advanced TPMS tools that work with late model Mitsubishi cars have a similar adapter device. Mitsubishi is doing something different in their TPMS systems which requires this additional device. This is why basic TPMS tools won't work through the OBDII port of a Mirage.
    For someone like Steve (who just runs one set of tires until they wear out) buying an expensive tool that reprograms the TPMS on his car probably isn't' worth it. I am not saying that you were suggesting that here, but I am not even sure a cheaper tool that clones sensors is worth the cost for him? Plus, he's already blown all his money on those new lug nuts!!!!

In the future, everyone should take note that a bad sensor can be cloned & replaced. There is no need to go back to the dealership and have your car's TPMS codes reprogrammed. Even if the sensor is completely dead and a reading can't be done, it can be removed to get the code off of it.

Once Steve has his 4 new sensors programmed to his car, he should be good for the life of it. Keep in mind, this is or may be one of the highest mileage Mirages on our forum.

An Autel TS408 device with cloneable TPMS sensors would be more beneficial for someone like me. I like running newer tires or snow tires during the winter month, & using up my older tires during the summer months. Thus, I am always switching tires around. When I make a tire switch, I take care of my tire rotations at the same time. Thus, I do keep track of where the tires have been when I pull them off. This is also why I contacted Autel, and asked them if their cloneable sensors can be reprogrammed over and over again.

By the way - letting all the air out of your tires allows their sensors to be reprogrammed to a different code again. I was glad to hear that, too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In the future, everyone should take note that a bad sensor can be cloned & replaced.
    Absolutely!

Here's where I got burned...and I think something similar may have happened to Steve. This was before I understood how all this stuff worked.

When I got new wheels/tires 3 years ago, the shop transferred my original TPMS sensors into my new wheels. They ended up breaking one of my sensors and and had to replace it. It was a nice gesture..but they discarded my original sensor and never told me this happened!

It didn't take long before my TPMS light lit up, and I had no idea why...and the shop didn't have a clue, either. Back in 2016 I don't think anyone understood Mirage TPMS systems. I thought it was an issue with my new wheels. In frustration I finally headed to the dealer...and $90 later my TPMS light was out.

Moral of the story
    Know your 4 TPMS IDs before a shop touches your wheels/tires. You never know what might happen.

Steve... When you have the dealer program the new sensors to your car, have them write down the 4 sensor ID numbers. Then just toss those numbers in your glovebox and you'll always know the 4 ID's your car has registered...even if somehow you end up physically losing a sensor again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

I'm pretty sure my autel maxi sys scanner can get into the tpms menu for the Mirage. I recall it looked like there could be 2 maybe 3 sets of sensors stored in the cars computer. We don't have tpms though so can't test that function. This isn't a high end scanner most shops should have something competent enough to do the same thing I'd imagine? To program the sensors itself can be a pain. To program a standard or huff sensor you can't use an autel tpms tool. I just quit looking into it.

I don't want to clog up Steve's thread about his car so maybe this discussion should be moved before it turns into 10 pages about nothing lol

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)