Page 103 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2095

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ Hey Dirk - that's a CVT with 208k km = 129k miles! Practically a unicorn!

Oooh - and it's a top spec Mirage.

Wonder why they're selling "as-is"? It has no plates on it. Could be a curb-sider who got it for peanuts at auction and is looking to flip it? Sell it with a valid inspection and the price goes way up.
    I hope its not because the cvt is going out. Fummins has a 2015 with almost 200k miles on it, original CVT!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I hope its not because the cvt is going out. Fummins has a 2015 with almost 200k miles on it, original CVT!
    I thought about that as well. Maybe it will throw a code if driven on the highway for a few minutes. With no plate it won't be driven on the highway. Still, if the price is right......
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Unfortunately you can't smell burnt cvt fluid easily. If it's black and/or want to stall when coming to a stop look forward to replacing the cvt. I still have one on the bench I gotta order a new input shaft and see if it'll work again.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-19-2019),MetroMPG (10-19-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Unfortunately you can't smell burnt cvt fluid easily. If it's black and/or want to stall when coming to a stop look forward to replacing the cvt. I still have one on the bench I gotta order a new input shaft and see if it'll work again.
    For $12-1400 I'd buy it in a minute, I'm sure there's enough reasonably price CVTs in local junkyards to get it back on the road and ready for another couple hundred thousand KMs. I suspect if this Mirage gets down below $2k somebody will snap it up even if the CVT is questionable. Haha. It might be me after all.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Houston, we have a hoarder!

(I'm one to talk... I still have 3.5 Metro/clones laying around.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not necessarily "cheap" but the exact car I would want to replace my beloved Basic... '15 ES Manual in black... Good miles, looks fairly clean, needs tires BAD

On the other side of the country... BUT, I have to go out to Cali for work in a few weeks anyway... sooooo epic road trip??? LOL

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Not necessarily "cheap" but the exact car I would want to replace my beloved Basic... '15 ES Manual in black... Good miles, looks fairly clean, needs tires BAD

On the other side of the country... BUT, I have to go out to Cali for work in a few weeks anyway... sooooo epic road trip??? LOL

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Here is the Monroney sticker for it when it was new. Looks like it was delivered with the optional cargo package and wheel locks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Houston, we have a hoarder!

(I'm one to talk... I still have 3.5 Metro/clones laying around.)
    When I look at my Mirage (my '14) not only do I see the great little daily driver that it is, I also see it with no interior, a full cage, down to around 13-1500lbs, up around 200+ hp and racing in a really popular league because others have seen the same thing when looking at their Mirages.

I also see a highly customized car with an audio system easily hitting 130db + . Or a mini camper with the rear seat gone and a pop out tent attached to the back. I think the surface has only been scratched so far with our little wundercars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    When I look at my Mirage (my '14) not only do I see the great little daily driver that it is, I also see it with no interior, a full cage, down to around 13-1500lbs, up around 200+ hp and racing in a really popular league because others have seen the same thing when looking at their Mirages.

I also see a highly customized car with an audio system easily hitting 130db + . Or a mini camper with the rear seat gone and a pop out tent attached to the back. I think the surface has only been scratched so far with our little wundercars.
    I'm becoming a bit concerned. Can a person become a Mirage addict?

It's nice to hear others loving their Mirages!!!!

Sold for 1300

Follow-up: this beater ended up selling for $1300 at public auction.

https://www.regalauctions.com/market...contract=52804

----

FUMMINS ALERT!!!

Attachment 15552

$1000 reserve on this beat to crap reposessed 2015 CVT Mirage going to auction in Calgary next week.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1462565962

No brakes though? That's weird - vengeful owner cut the lines when he found it out was getting repo'd??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)