Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking Light/Daytime Running lights?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrush View Post
    I used this one as a guide to do mine:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ector-Retrofit

Heres another:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ighlight=flash

Edit:
    If your ONLY trying to work out trying to put a small projector in the parking lamp spot, these wont help.
    I very much appreciate your input, now I know how reflector housing retrofitment is done.

How about the newer oem headlight assembly like this one? Can we replace the parklight LEDs on these with brighter ones? Name:  images (15).jpeg
Views: 1722
Size:  34.3 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You'd have to change out the whole assembly with GT housings. Just like I did.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I already own a GT spec though. (known as GLS in the Ph)

I was thinking of replacing the led park light bulb to a brighter one, I just don't know where to access the led, or if there's any access at all. It's not indicated on the operating manual, I don't have access to the 2016-present version of the service manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodehunter View Post
    I already own a GT spec though. (known as GLS in the Ph)

I was thinking of replacing the led park light bulb to a brighter one, I just don't know where to access the led, or if there's any access at all. It's not indicated on the operating manual, I don't have access to the 2016-present version of the service manual.
    You're trying to change the brightness of that led bar 'swoosh?' It's not possible.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I guess the only way to do it is thru a reputatble retrofitter. Someone from here was able to replace it with a led strip that work as parklight and sequential blinkers.

http://www.facebook.com/story.php?st...08722662611233

Not a fan of all those fancy disco lights as they can glare oncoming traffic, but traffic laws here are not regulated well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From the outside it wouldn't be possible, but if you took apart the housing, then yes you could make changes.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    They use clear w5w from factory not amber.
    Does anyone know What color 194 bulb is used in the rear parking lights? Are all lights clear from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Does anyone know What color 194 bulb is used in the rear parking lights? Are all lights clear from the factory?
    I’m pretty sure all the bulbs are clear except the front turn signal bulbs. What rear parking lights??? The brake/tail(park)light bulb is a p21/5w isn’t it? I don’t recall seeing 194 type bulbs in the back other than the license plate bulbs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    I like threads like this. I'm glad to see you guys staying on top of your lights. Nothing make a car look older and hooptier than burnt out lights. The 2nd thing I did to my ole 1972 Scamp was to get all the external lights working. Still gotta tear into the cluster. Speaking of the parking lights, I think the Mirage looks quite nice from the front with the parking lights on. Those 194s light up the headlight housing just right and look quite attractive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I like threads like this. I'm glad to see you guys staying on top of your lights. Nothing make a car look older and hooptier than burnt out lights. The 2nd thing I did to my ole 1972 Scamp was to get all the external lights working. Still gotta tear into the cluster. Speaking of the parking lights, I think the Mirage looks quite nice from the front with the parking lights on. Those 194s light up the headlight housing just right and look quite attractive.
    I just hate having a reason to get pulled over. I once got pulled over because I had too much snow on the tool box in the back of my truck blocking the rear window a little bit. I argued that you don't need to see out the back window in a truck, that's what side mirrors are for. Is driving with a truck camper or canopy with no window illegal too? What about pulling a trailer? What about semi's and cargo vans, u-hauls etc...Then it got impounded cause I was driving with a dealer plate from work on my personal vehicle....But I didn't put the plate on the truck. Good times. In the end it got thrown out of court cause technically I had insurance and they had no good reason to pull me over in the first place. Still cost $500 for a lawyer and whatever towing and impound fees were.

Drivers at work are required to check their lights every day and let me know if one's burnt out so I can fix it right away. They're all on me like white on rice if one of them notice that I have a burnt out headlight in my personal vehicle! Sometimes I purposely just leave it for weeks cause I know it annoys clipboard warriors.

Last edited by Fummins; 09-22-2021 at 01:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)