Thread: New shoes

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New shoes

well we just did the 30k cvt service on our 2021 g4 and my new tires just showed up woo hoo . oem for our girls are crazy off the wall these from tire rack were 460 with free shipping so ill let you know how they work out

tire rack
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...rtnum=755TR5QT

Attached Images Attached Images   
    you must go slow to go fasssst

check us out and say hi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrU...gkC80APKc3cDrA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bde269 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-27-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    South Dakota? I'm assuming these are winter tires? That's a good brand too. My wife's G4 has the 15" wheels too but I'll slap some much cheaper 185 55 r15 tires on when the time is right. We don't use winter tires down here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    South Dakota? I'm assuming these are winter tires? That's a good brand too. My wife's G4 has the 15" wheels too but I'll slap some much cheaper 185 55 r15 tires on when the time is right. We don't use winter tires down here.
    You don't? Doesn't Georgia get snow too? I thought in the state of both South and North Carolina for examples get snow and Georgia is a bit further down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk there said all season so well see how they hold up . i really couldnt find any good prices on 15 which i was shocked

check us out and say hi

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    You don't? Doesn't Georgia get snow too? I thought in the state of both South and North Carolina for examples get snow and Georgia is a bit further down.
    Nothing that warrants having to own a whole other set of tires. Nobody sprays their car's undercarriage for rust protection either, as our highways rarely have salt on them, it snows so infrequently and pathetically. 2" of snow will shut down Atlanta for days.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bde269 View Post
    Dirk there said all season so well see how they hold up . i really couldnt find any good prices on 15 which i was shocked
    Try searching for 185\55 instead, and I'll bet you'll find a better cross section of selection and pricing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-28-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    thank you i sure will check that out .

check us out and say hi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nothing that warrants having to own a whole other set of tires. Nobody sprays their car's undercarriage for rust protection either, as our highways rarely have salt on them, it snows so infrequently and pathetically. 2" of snow will shut down Atlanta for days.
    There's a reason for that. Northern snow is easy driving. I lived in Michigan for 5 years. Once it's well below freezing, the snow is just powder. Down here the snow is just slush. It's when the climate is a bit under freezing at night, and just a couple degrees above it during the day. Precipitation freezes at night, and then turns to "greasie" ice during the day. That's what happens in Atlanta area, pretty much at worse case conditions. It happens up north too, before it get's to the colder days of winter. And guess what? Those snow birds up there can't drive on ice either. Had a northern snob coworker keep giving me crap about how southern people can't drive in inclement weather. Only to turn around and crash his snob bmw in the snow the very next winter. My wife and I never crashed while we were there. And I drove on Maypops when I lived there.

However, the reason we don't salt down here is, every 6 years or so, when we get snow, it's melted and gone by noon the next day. No need for the equipment and chemicals. God takes care of it. Most of the time. Just the occasional icing for drama.

In any event, the first mention of snow, all bread, milk and toilet paper are wiped out at the grocery stores, as if we'll be trapped in our houses for a month.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)