Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a youtube channel

Starting a youtube channel

Mirage Video Playlist

I'm gonna try to start making some Mirage how-to vijeo's on the youtube to try and help others that want to try and do their own work and save a few bucks.

As far as ideas go, does anyone have any suggestions? Same with a channel name. Sure isn't very catchy lol.

Edit: Nov 8-
    Like, subscribe and all that stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2w...yRvEW8xlNM-F7A

Edit: Nov 7 2022

Only 983 more subscribers and 993hrs of watch time within the next year and I can become monetized!

How to change a cabin filter.... https://studio.youtube.com/video/VIK_yLYgvhk/edit

This is how you flood your car then get it running again... https://youtu.be/rbqhUBUG5pI

Last edited by Fummins; 02-23-2024 at 05:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-16-2022),CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),Dookaughs (01-19-2024),foama (11-06-2022),Grumpy Bear (02-25-2024),MightyMirageMpg (09-04-2023)

Good idea!

Hope you can make some extra $ from all your shared knowledge.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-04-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm gonna try to start making some Mirage how-to vijeo's on the youtube to try and help others that want to try and do their own work and save a few bucks.

As far as ideas go, does anyone have any suggestions? Same with a channel name. Sure isn't very catchy lol.
    Sounds good!

Someone has to take over when Scotty Kilmer hangs it up!

I probably just talked you out of doing it?

"This same Net Worth Spot article calculates that with an average monthly viewership of nearly 30 million, Kilmer is likely earning about $116,000 per month in ad revenue." Aug 26, 2022

Hate or love him? He's no dummy!

If you get it started, let us know! I will be one of the first to subscribe!

As far as a name goes, I will leave that up to you & someone else.

I do suggest you follow the format of Steve's Small Engine Saloon, however. Each new job starts with a new type of beer. This particular job required a large can of Coors Light (1:25 minutes into the clip) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGF_ynkc3C0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sounds good!

Someone has to take over when Scotty Kilmer hangs it up!

I probably just talked you out of doing it?

"This same Net Worth Spot article calculates that with an average monthly viewership of nearly 30 million, Kilmer is likely earning about $116,000 per month in ad revenue." Aug 26, 2022

Hate or love him? He's no dummy!

If you get it started, let us know! I will be one of the first to subscribe!

As far as a name goes, I will leave that up to you & someone else.

I do suggest you follow the format of Steve's Small Engine Saloon, however. Each new job starts with a new type of beer. This particular job required a large can of Coors Light (1:25 minutes into the clip) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGF_ynkc3C0
    It's a work in progress.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2w...yRvEW8xlNM-F7A

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    It's about damn time! Fummy, if you need a writer for bits hit me up. The key is comedy + controversial headline = views. You got my subscription.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice, I'll subscribe to you. Be neat to see what abuse these cars go through being thrashed as delivery mules.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-06-2022)

Thanks to those who subscribed already! There seems to be a lot of traffic from this forum.

I would have come up with a few more things this weekend but I've had a cold(rona?) going on week two.

I'm still trying to come up with a better channel name...

It's 5F(-15C) right now, I'll try to do a cold start video of one of the high-mileage cars that isn't plugged in.

A new camera of sorts would help things along. I've wanted a gopro for quading video's for years. I miss so many things because I have to put my phone down to drive.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-07-2022 at 02:37 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

george (11-07-2022)

Well.......After a lot of thought and consideration, I finally decided that "Turd Pails and Trails" is the new channel name!

I'll dump a bunch of videos of how to keep the almighty Mirages alive, a bunch of the offroading adventures I go on and whatever else I come up with in between.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-09-2022),inuvik (11-08-2022),klroger (11-09-2022)

Now I'm having second thoughts.
    I think Turd Pails and "Quad" Trails sounds more betterer than Turd Pails and Trails.

What do you guys think?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Your current channel title is more click bait material which is exactly what you want.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-09-2022)